ADVERTISEMENT

#15 SJP 34 - #19 Good Counsel 27

scs13

Oct 11, 2003
Great win by the Prep against a tough team. McCord was outstanding...26-41 for 370 yards and 3 TDS. Marvin Harrison, Jr. had 11 catches for 110+ yards. Freeman had over 100 yards receiving, including a 67 TD reception and a crucial 2-point conversion catch with a minute to go in the game.

Admittedly, I was worried about losing CJ Duell, a dual threat QB who reminded me a lot of Chris Whitney. McCord’s performance eased any concerns. He has a chance to be the best QB in Hawks’ history if he can stay healthy. I was really impressed with his poise under pressure and his accuracy. You can easily see why he has so many DI offers.

The Good Counsel QB is a stud and gave the Prep fits throughout the game with his legs and arm. Lots of gutsy calls by the Good Counsel coach, who was playing to win. They converted several big 3rd and long and 4th and long plays.

Myles Talley (LB) and Zach Bougess (DB) had monster games. The Prep’s run game struggled a bit against a very good d-line, but Mason and Burrell made the big plays when needed and will be a handful for CL opponents.

The kicking game needs some work, but the Prep has a chance to put together another special season. Still a long way to go, but a well timed bye week to rest some banged up players is on tap next before the rivalry game with La Salle. Should be a good one.

Reactions: lilromeo
Great win by the Prep against a tough team. McCord was outstanding...26-41 for 370 yards and 3 TDS. Marvin Harrison, Jr. had 11 catches for 110+ yards. Freeman had over 100 yards receiving, including a 67 TD reception and a crucial 2-point conversion catch with a minute to go in the game.

Admittedly, I was worried about losing CJ Duell, a dual threat QB who reminded me a lot of Chris Whitney. McCord’s performance eased any concerns. He has a chance to be the best QB in Hawks’ history if he can stay healthy. I was really impressed with his poise under pressure and his accuracy. You can easily see why he has so many DI offers.

The Good Counsel QB is a stud and gave the Prep fits throughout the game with his legs and arm. Lots of gutsy calls by the Good Counsel coach, who was playing to win. They converted several big 3rd and long and 4th and long plays.

Myles Talley (LB) and Zach Bougess (DB) had monster games. The Prep’s run game struggled a bit against a very good d-line, but Mason and Burrell made the big plays when needed and will be a handful for CL opponents.

The kicking game needs some work, but the Prep has a chance to put together another special season. Still a long way to go, but a well timed bye week to rest some banged up players is on tap next before the rivalry game with La Salle. Should be a good one.
I listened to the game and didn't hear Trotter's name once. Is he injured? If so, when will he likely return?

I listened to the game and didn't hear Trotter's name once. Is he injured? If so, when will he likely return?
I believe that he is injured, but don’t believe it is serious. Hoping that he gets back in the line-up soon. The Hawks’ sophomore class is going to rival (and maybe surpass) the ‘14 Reid/Runyan/Zaccheus/T. Johnson/Strain group for big game production and heroics when all is said and done.

SJP has way more talent than every team in SEPA (Coatesville is the only team this is remotely close). You could combine all the other PCL Red teams and I still think Prep would beat them. Are they extremely well coached? Of course - Gabe has proved that time and again. But, they are also much more talented than everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT