ADVERTISEMENT

Yesman & Relayer

Good observation reluctant, welcome to the club! I hope to meet the great yesman in two weeks when LaSalle takes on the WVW/Parkland winner. I might have to go dust off that t-shirt from the ABWH tour :D

....Squackett

Although I'm a self-proclaimed YES fanatic, I only saw YES once, but in a crazy PA state school setting warming up for their 90215 tour. I saw Howe at the Tower Theater during his Asia tour. Still have most of their albums.

Reactions: Relayer and yesman3
Although I'm a self-proclaimed YES fanatic, I only saw YES once, but in a crazy PA state school setting warming up for their 90215 tour. I saw Howe at the Tower Theater during his Asia tour. Still have most of their albums.

rtc,
Welcome to our club Brother!! I think lilromeo is a disciple as well?

Saw both of those tours you refer to. Asia always puzzled me, 2 prog-rock superstars in Howe and Palmer playing mostly commercial stuff, at least their hits were. The Yes purists always had a problem with that during the Rabin era, nevertheless always went when Anderson fronted. If you went to the 90215 tour, had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Olecranon (Tony Kaye) in action. Sorry, may not be PC, but Wakeman was God in my eyes!
Saw ABWH at the Spectrum, awesome performance. No disrespect to Fish (RIP), but Tony Levin was no slouch, anytime/anywhere. They did CTTE perfect, my favorite of all time.

Siberian Khatru... aka 2015 PCL 4A Football Champions, LaSalle College High School

Reactions: Relayer
Although I'm a self-proclaimed YES fanatic, I only saw YES once, but in a crazy PA state school setting warming up for their 90215 tour.

I was at that Millersville show in '84, terrific night of music with Trevor Rabin making his first public appearance with the band. All tickets were $10 and general admission. Like previous Yes Tours, the band rehearsed at Clair Brothers studio in Lititz. Roy Clair's son also attended MU and he always had the best collection of Yes posters.

Here is that show in its entirety:

I was at that show. Probably 5 feet from the stage. Great show even though Howe was my favorite.

This beauty, reproduced by a friend, graced our dorm room:
qn0kzb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer and yesman3
Yes purist: The classic line-up (ASHWW) but ok with Bruford. Awaken and every 15-20+ min song. Tales played at their children's weddings. Profess their faith to Rick Wakeman.
In the round Spectrum '79, at least one 'Meet and Greet', minimum 3 meals at that mediocre restaurant half way up street from the Tower who's name no one ever remembers. Borgata '04

Yes diehard: Every tour, every line-up. Spectrum '79, 0-1 meet and greets, 1st two rows at Borgata '04. tntc meals at that Tower restaurant.

Yes novice: Loves the band but "Owner of a lonely Heart" is their favorite.

Yes aficionado: either purist or diehard. Has personal autographed album cover, preferably Tales or Relayer from Roger Dean.

Ed Sciaky (RIP)..

That's a hysterical criteria! Does my being able to play a sloppy 'Mood for a day' and having a hand painted 'After Dean' replica of the Yes Songs inner in 3' x 6' make up for probably being too young to see them in The Round at the Spectrum? Maybe I fall just below aficionado? Pretty sure I knew every word of the 1984 concert. I think Kansas at the Spectrum 1977 was my first concert, so I'm just a kid!

That's a hysterical criteria! Does my being able to play a sloppy 'Mood for a day' and having a hand painted 'After Dean' replica of the Yes Songs inner in 3' x 6' make up for probably being too young to see them in The Round at the Spectrum? Maybe I fall just below aficionado? Pretty sure I knew every word of the 1984 concert. I think Kansas at the Spectrum 1977 was my first concert, so I'm just a kid!

Absolutely it does Brother!!

I know, was only 19 for that Spectrum Round. P&W(Route 100) > 69th Street L > Broad St. line > Spectrum.

Based on the criteria, diehard for sure. This summer marks the first tour I've missed since 90125. Not to mention all the solo shows over the years. I miss the old Chestnut Cabaret, saw Bill Bruford's Earthworks there, plus Wakeman on Wakeman in '93, Rick and Adam headlining.

yesman, I'm with you on the classic line-up. Bruford is great, but there was something about Alan in his prime. The man just pounded those drums, and was a premier rock-n-roll drummer. He left it all on the stage. Also one of the nicest guys one will ever meet.

Best venue I've been to for a Yes show? Hit the link. I had tickets for Red Rocks in '08, but that's when Jon fell ill.

https://picasaweb.google.com/117558162232902883856/YesConcertJuly302011MaryhillWineryWA

DITTO brother!!.... I guess we can cease calling it the R&R Hall of Shame now!

I was there, tried to get Relayer there but he had a conflict. Sat in Sec 25, row 2 with another diehard from my college days. Did you go?

Thought Wakeman's acceptance speech was priceless and hilarious, vintage Rick! Could have done w/o the Baez DNC diatribe but all in all a great night. We went to Junior's for dinner pre-ceremony (Relayer's rec's) and gorged myself in that Strawberry cheesecake. Hit Brooklyn Bagels the morning after before returning to civilization.

Right now I'll continue to see AWR "and friends" as their next tour is set. I've never been able to come to grips with any version of Yes that Anderson is not fronting, I'm stubborn that way! With all do respect to Steve Howe, if this is what veganism does for you, I'll continue to be a carnivore and simple carbohydrate prostitute! :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT