ADVERTISEMENT

WVW OL Chris Bleich to attend IMG Academy...

It's been reported that Wyoming Valley West (PA District 2) OL Chris Bleich (Class of 2018) will attend IMG Academy next season. That's probably good for him but its gotta hurt WVW big time to lose a horse like that.

W-B Citizens Voice Article
I knew it since before the Parkland game. It was a matter of finances, but that straightened out. I've had the conversation with a friend in the Wyoming Valley who justified it by saying the kid couldn't get the competition he needed at WVW.

I am totally against this sort of thing. IMG is simply a sports factory. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't give me the academic crap either. This is about football, not academics.

He’ll get an opportunity against some of the top talent in the country at IMG Academy (just to play) where he won’t see the likes of AAA Wyoming, Pittston or Dallas from the Wyoming Valley Conference! At 6-5/6, 310/15….he’ll turn some heads.

Here’s some IMG Info: https://www.imgacademy.com/
EPC FAN, I don't think IMG ever tried to hide what their scope and aim is.

Formerly the Pendleton School of Bradenton, FL, they changed their name to IMG Academy in 2012, with their first year of organized ball the following going 8-2. Right from the top they went after in-state mid-level powers scheduling AAA Clearwater Central Catholic (67-17, 09-15) and Trinity Christian Academy (81-12, 09-15) from Jacksonville. TCA won 3 straight titles since 2013 with Clearwater often the runner-up or semifinalist. IMG lost to TCA 27-24 and Clearwater 19-13.
The following year they went 10-1, beating TCA (12-2) 28-7 and Clearwater (11-2) 50-21 to show their progress over one year. Other notables saw them beat St. Peter’s Prep-NJ (11-1) 36-20 and losing to St. John-DC 35-2, (6-4, of Washington Cath League with DeMatha, Zaga, OLGC). Went 9-0 last year beating Miramar and Cocoa of FL, DeSoto-Dallas, and NJ powers Bergan and Paramus Catholic and SJR. See Max.
Historically strong Miramar (5-5, Johnny Depp’s HS) and DeSoto (6-6) were “off” but Cocoa (10-3), Bergen (7-4) and SJR (8-4) were representative despite losing 49-7, 59-47 and 24-12 respectively. Edged 3-6 Paramus 28-20.

The next two years should be an exciting time for him down there in sunny Florida playing high quality competition from across the country.

Reactions: lilromeo
I knew it since before the Parkland game. It was a matter of finances, but that straightened out. I've had the conversation with a friend in the Wyoming Valley who justified it by saying the kid couldn't get the competition he needed at WVW.

I am totally against this sort of thing. IMG is simply a sports factory. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't give me the academic crap either. This is about football, not academics.

He probably went from Hanover to WVW to increase the level of competition. I think it's great. With his size and athleticism he could have pro football in his future. Why not maximize his opportunity? Schools are supposed to be there for the kids...not the other way around. And yes, he'll also get an education.

I agree ptomaselli. So long as they're passing, let them play wherever they want....for whatever reason. The fascist PIAA needs to go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT