ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL needs to do something with their Title games..

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
I heard a few parents say something and a few school districts were complaining on Twitter about this, but kids shouldn't be playing football at midnight like the West A and CV kids were and I see their points.

Why don't the WPIAL play early games in the South Side and two night games at Heniz? Start the Heinz Games at 4 and then the second one could start at 7. UPN Pittsburgh can carry the South Side games at High Mark.

There's a lot worse things a teenager could be doing at midnight than playing in or going to a football game.

Obviously it's not ideal, but it's one night a year and it affects two teams / schools. I don't see it as a big deal.

Starting games after 9:30 pm is unique; especially when kids are acclimated to playing at 7 pm.

Two of the games were played during school hours; that's insanity.

95% of the stadium is empty seats; now, how is that a special experience for any high school athlete?

Who does it benefit? The kids, parents or MSA sports?

This post was edited on 11/24 2:20 PM by JBinPA

I think it benefits the kids, parents & fans.

The kids really enjoy being able to say they played at Heinz Field.

Parents and fans enjoy watching the games there and you have the opportunity to watch multiple games. Kids from all around western PA come out to see teams they may have played along the way. Typically if the calendar cooperates this occurs the day after Thanksgiving so lots of family are in town and can come see their grandson, cousin or nephew play in the big game.

I guess being at Heinz field doesn't really benefit MSA Sports...they'd still air the games regardless of where they are played.

The being during school thing hasn't happened in MANY years so this was a weird exception this year.
This post was edited on 11/25 12:02 AM by WPIAL_Fball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT