ADVERTISEMENT

Wood QB Russo Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBU WOOD does not pass. There I said it as well. They are incredibly selective in scheduling non conference opponents and chuck the ball a ton against teams like Bonner.
23 pass attempts the entire state playoffs last season.

There are teams that wont play Wood but there are plenty that will and they refuse to schedule. IE Prep. They dropped SJP. Any idea why??

Wood is a run first team. Nothing wrong with that, they run the football incredibly well.
Lets not sit here and talk like they are slinging the ball around the park like LaSalle.

Wood is a run first team. Nothing wrong with that, they run the football incredibly well.
Lets not sit here and talk like they are slinging the ball around the park like LaSalle.
LaSalle 2015 did you get that 2015 that would be this years team that has yet to play. No mention of the amount of passing that LaSalle did but more a foreshadow of this upcoming LaSalle season and all their off season turmoil.

Man you are really insecure about the prep vs Wood scheduling. If it makes you feel better.....Yes Wood is sooo scared to play the prep. shaking in their cleats. How small are you. Do you realize that outside of your dump of an inner city campus, No One even cares who prep plays other than prep. Wood played prep smacked the crap out of them, then prep had a good 2nd half in one game and Wood moved on to LaSalle! You should thank your lucky stars for Chris Martin, His back was hurting for carrying that ONE Dimensional team! Man you really are tired of being the red headed step child. (or maroon - prep colors) Go blame the papers, it's not my fault Wood gets way more ink/coverage than prep....but keep on believing that Wood is scared to schedule the prep, b/c that's all we talk about behind close doors at Wood.......SMH! It's more like been there, done that - NEXT! We like our vanilla, we like our chocolate, we like our strawberry - So stop complaining VANILLA - You got some nice publicity playing Wood, be thankful! - Peace Out Girl Scout!

LaSalle 2015 did you get that 2015 that would be this years team that has yet to play. No mention of the amount of passing that LaSalle did but more a foreshadow of this upcoming LaSalle season and all their off season turmoil.

Man you are really insecure about the prep vs Wood scheduling. If it makes you feel better.....Yes Wood is sooo scared to play the prep. shaking in their cleats. How small are you. Do you realize that outside of your dump of an inner city campus, No One even cares who prep plays other than prep. Wood played prep smacked the crap out of them, then prep had a good 2nd half in one game and Wood moved on to LaSalle! You should thank your lucky stars for Chris Martin, His back was hurting for carrying that ONE Dimensional team! Man you really are tired of being the red headed step child. (or maroon - prep colors) Go blame the papers, it's not my fault Wood gets way more ink/coverage than prep....but keep on believing that Wood is scared to schedule the prep, b/c that's all we talk about behind close doors at Wood.......SMH! It's more like been there, done that - NEXT! We like our vanilla, we like our chocolate, we like our strawberry - So stop complaining VANILLA - You got some nice publicity playing Wood, be thankful! - Peace Out Girl Scout!

Now we know! You are a Wood parent. No problem there, not a bad thing. For your information CYO is a Roman guy, who most likely is being objective more than you are. Football is played for 4 quarters. So smacking somebody for 2 quarters does not get in done. SJP had ball run down their throat for 2 quarters.. Wood was going in again and what happened a fumble. SJP scores before half, turned whole game around. SJP adjusts, shuts run down, Wood tries to throw, QB running for his life. The schedule stinks!

Ok, Wood isnt scared of Prep. Why didn't Wood schedule Dematha this year?
I don't know, why didn't you marry the girl you took to the Junior Prom. b/c you had your reasons, Should I assume you were SCARED to marry her? Maybe her parents wanted you to marry her? Maybe it's none of our business? Maybe the only person who really knows why prep and wood are not playing are the head coaches and not some jock sniffing poster on a policed HS football forum!

Maybe, I was scared because I wasn't ready. FBU82 you're too emotional for me. Being emotional is a bad characteristic for a man to have/display in a public forum.Have a good day!!!

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Now we know! You are a Wood parent. No problem there, not a bad thing. For your information CYO is a Roman guy, who most likely is being objective more than you are. Football is played for 4 quarters. So smacking somebody for 2 quarters does not get in done. SJP had ball run down their throat for 2 quarters.. Wood was going in again and what happened a fumble. SJP scores before half, turned whole game around. SJP adjusts, shuts run down, Wood tries to throw, QB running for his life. The schedule stinks!
WOW - BRILLIANT - well since I only post about wood......way to draw a conclusion Einstein!
I was talking about the 400 to ZERO - Mornhinweg spanking! but we can use your game too!
In your opinion, the schedule stinks, it is what it is, I guess when Imhotep wins a state title, wood will be accused of just playing crappy inner city teams? Then what will you complain about! You entire problem is you are very insecure! I thought the prep taught boys to be men? You are insecure that wood has multiple state titles and appearances in state title games and they get all the press and you're standing on your soap box screaming "what about me, what about me" to anyone who will listen. Why won't wood play us - it must be b/c they're scared! Yes - That's it! - Suck it up! be the man that your inflated tuition supposedly bought and stop being so damn INSECURE! It's just HS Football fellas, just HS Ball! - Now this is were one of your "pocket protector" nerds from the prep, starts pointing out capitalization and sentence structure! Is it too late to ask for your tuition money back! Your situation gives me amusement!
Thank You for that!

Maybe, I was scared because I wasn't ready. FBU82 you're too emotional for me. Being emotional is a bad characteristic for a man to have/display in a public forum.Have a good day!!!
Rick - You are my MEME - and I thank you for that!

As BTM stated, I am not a Prep guy.
I'm looking at the big picture here. One team decided not to play the other. I have sources, not just jock sniffing posters on a policed HS forum, but actual members on both staffs that confirmed WOOD dropped SJP. Why do I care? Perhaps I am a HS football fan and I enjoy watching a strong talented team like Wood take on a team on their level and not MLK(a team that they beat 52-8 the year before).

Did Wood schedule Imhotep for this season or last or the season before?
Maybe im missing something?

WOW - BRILLIANT - well since I only post about wood......way to draw a conclusion Einstein!
I was talking about the 400 to ZERO - Mornhinweg spanking! but we can use your game too!
In your opinion, the schedule stinks, it is what it is, I guess when Imhotep wins a state title, wood will be accused of just playing crappy inner city teams? Then what will you complain about! You entire problem is you are very insecure! I thought the prep taught boys to be men? You are insecure that wood has multiple state titles and appearances in state title games and they get all the press and you're standing on your soap box screaming "what about me, what about me" to anyone who will listen. Why won't wood play us - it must be b/c they're scared! Yes - That's it! - Suck it up! be the man that your inflated tuition supposedly bought and stop being so damn INSECURE! It's just HS Football fellas, just HS Ball! - Now this is were one of your "pocket protector" nerds from the prep, starts pointing out capitalization and sentence structure! Is it too late to ask for your tuition money back! Your situation gives me amusement!
Thank You for that!

Thank You for that!

The much better team won that night! Two years in a row SJP was down at half and who won? Not everybody can be secure like you! I agree it is just high school football. You act like Wood created the game of football. You called SJP one dimensional in its Martin lead win which you now say was the Morningweg lead team you were referring too. For the record I have the utmost respect for both Wood and Imhoetep. Tep could be top team in state. Education does not make one a nerd. Its gives you an opportunity, genius! I'm sure Friday you will be on here crowing how Wood mopped SJP up in their 7 on 7

As BTM stated, I am not a Prep guy.
I'm looking at the big picture here. One team decided not to play the other. I have sources, not just jock sniffing posters on a policed HS forum, but actual members on both staffs that confirmed WOOD dropped SJP. Why do I care? Perhaps I am a HS football fan and I enjoy watching a strong talented team like Wood take on a team on their level and not MLK(a team that they beat 52-8 the year before).
Unless someone puts a gun to your head and makes you go and watch Wood MLK - Simply don't go to the game! Just like I don't go to movies that do not interest me! I don't pick a movie that IMO sucks and then go and see it and then complain about it! Also - You are full of it - FULL OF IT - about having multiple coaches on both staffs tell you anything! "I have confirmed sources that Gabe was shaking in the corner of his office and refused to play Wood" and I have multiple coaches on both staffs that have told me this!!! Do you see how silly you sound! Do me a favor Dad, stick to CYO - you are in way over you head!

The much better team won that night! Two years in a row SJP was down at half and who won? Not everybody can be secure like you! I agree it is just high school football. You act like Wood created the game of football. You called SJP one dimensional in its Martin lead win which you now say was the Morningweg lead team you were referring too. For the record I have the utmost respect for both Wood and Imhoetep. Tep could be top team in state. Education does not make one a nerd. Its gives you an opportunity, genius! I'm sure Friday you will be on here crowing how Wood mopped SJP up in their 7 on 7
Woah Nelly - NOW who's getting emotional - You better simmer down or you're gonna spill over and get something on your prep blazer! - I don't think Wood invented football but I do believe you think prep invented education or should I say the concept of over charging for education! - No actually I'll be driving to the shore Thursday night and playing Friday and Saturday at Twisted Dunes! So, I want you "The Big Smart Prep Guy" to takes notes for me while I Lay Back and kick it - Ya know, like in high school, all the cool kids had YOU take notes for them while they took out the hot chicks.....See ya later PREP NERD! Prep School? Prep means to help with, so if you need help with school, you go to the prep, do they have short buses, all my kids were able to help themselves with school and get into good private colleges. It's a good thing that there is the prep! otherwise those kids wouldn't be able to get into college, since they need more help getting there than most kids!

Last edited:
I'll say it again, but the fact that SJP-AW don't play each other is utterly ridiculous. Each is a state power and come from the same league. Both have multiple weeks to fill with NL games. Again, ridiculous that they didn't play last year or this year. Maybe, the obvious will come to fruition moving forward. We'll see. I wasn't on the three-way line when someone or both decided to discontinue this game. So, I'm not blaming anybody. Regardless, but the ball was dropped with this. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I'll say it again, but the fact that SJP-AW don't play each other is utterly ridiculous. Each is a state power and come from the same league. Both have multiple weeks to fill with NL games. Again, ridiculous that they didn't play last year or this year. Maybe, the obvious will come to fruition moving forward. We'll see. I wasn't on the three-way line when someone or both decided to discontinue this game. So, I'm not blaming anybody. Regardless, but the ball was dropped with this. No ifs, ands, or buts.
There is an emphatic reason why this game is NOT being played and you can take Wood being scared to play the prep off the list, the same for prep being scared to play Wood. Anyone who says either is a Dope and a Moron! It has to be personal, maybe something was said between the coaches, maybe it started over home field and it escalated, maybe it's a pissing match with 2 guys with full bladders who are full of themselves! I DO NOT KNOW! But I also know that not ONE PERSON on this board knows the facts either and if they say they do (CYO boy) THEY ARE LYING!

Off the subject but I seriously don't think anyone from district 12 is gonna win states in class 3 or 4 a....just my opinion wood just doesn't have the talent Imhotep will get out coached.prep won't win because of inexperienced line.the winner of prep and parkland will win it all but parkland I was told has just as much talent as prep but I really think someone else of then d12 wins it

I have to say FBU that although I admire your loyality with Wood, its extremely disappointing that Devlin didn't schedule tougher teams this year. Allentown is a joke. Class 2 in New Jersey, a team no one has ever heard of. Gratz and Prep Charter ??? They would be fighting for last place in any Suburban league conference and probably last in Woods division under Ryan, Bonner and Carroll. As I said before Im a Wood fan but not scheduling Dematha, Prep, North Penn or any tough teams will hurt them down the line and I'll be at some other game where at least it will be competitive

Gratz and Prep Charter aren't terrible. Neither would finish last in the PCL 3A. Neither would finish last in any of the three SOL leagues. In fact, both would be near the top in the weakest of those three leagues and above half the teams in the middle of those three leagues. With that said, I do think Wood should play a tougher schedule.

There's always a lot of hostility when talking PCL ball. Should they play eachother? yes. Will they? no. end of story let's move on.

Just as much talent is a bold statement. Parkland at maximum probably has 5 Division I guys. SJP probably has at least double that, no? And possibly the best running back in the country?

If wood isn't concerned about a weak schedule, wh
I have to say FBU that although I admire your loyality with Wood, its extremely disappointing that Devlin didn't schedule tougher teams this year. Allentown is a joke. Class 2 in New Jersey, a team no one has ever heard of. Gratz and Prep Charter ??? They would be fighting for last place in any Suburban league conference and probably last in Woods division under Ryan, Bonner and Carroll. As I said before Im a Wood fan but not scheduling Dematha, Prep, North Penn or any tough teams will hurt them down the line and I'll be at some other game where at least it will be competitive
Ok - Ima gonna spell it out for EVERYBODY! - The regular season has ZERO bearing on winning a STATE Championship - ZERO! Wood's goal is to win state EVERY year! The regular season does not mean squat! All the Wood haters have the opinion that Wood needs to play better teams! WHY? Their goal is to beat their LEAGUE opponents, beat a city opponent and THEN play the BEST teams in the STATE in the PIAA playoffs. The season does not start until after the city championship! The regular season is simply a waste of time, since EVERYONE wants to get to the PIAA Playoffs. The best games are not the regular season, they are the playoffs. Wood is not a pathetic public school team like the CR and CB teams in Bucks County, who over hype their backyard brawls, that they talk about for years b/c it's all they have to talk about, season done in 9 games! PLEASE! Wood plays for STATE and scheduling a tough opponent or a weak opponent has ZERO affect on Wood's desired outcome! Maybe b/c DeMatha got their butt's kicked all over Tennent's stadium and that's why DeMatha didn't want to play Wood and get embarrassed AGAIN! or does CYO boy have sign affidavits from DeMatha's coaches, like he does prep and Wood coaches! CYO is such a high ranking official with lots of pull with big time HS coaches! North Penn-Wood has been beating the pants off of NP since 2007, no need to waste time with that shell of a program!
Just stop - If you want to schedule tough teams to play, great - if you want to just get thru the drek of the regular season and then start to play meaningful games, great also! The beauty of this is, my opinion and your opinion do not matter to the coaches, they each have their model and they run with that model! The whining of "my team plays better teams than your team" coming from the prep nerds, is absolutely nauseating! I thought that their over priced, 18 hours of homework a night, to make you a MAN, would keep the prep nerds from bitching like little school girls - enough, you insecure little imps!

FBU, you're a little over the top. Take a breath.

Unlike District-1 teams who have to schedule strategically, be somewhat wise due to a point system, and are limited in the amount of NL weeks available, the PCL doesn't have to worry about that. 4A teams have six open weeks to fill, 3A & 2A have five. There is no point system. Your state playoff fate lies in the PCL playoffs and every team makes the playoffs. There is no risk. Like zero.

Scheduling quality opponents is beneficial on so many levels. For example, it prepares you better for those games that "do matter" later in the season. Competitive and interesting games are good for the entire community. I'm a PCL fan and I would love to see arguably two of the best five teams in the state in a given year play each other. The gates would be significant and would help the home team financially in their year to host. I'm sure kids would relish the chance to go up against the best.

There is literally no downside in SJP/AW playing each other. If you can think of one then I'd love to hear it.

No one gets anything out of bunch of 49-7 games. And granted I understand sometimes these scenarios are unavoidable. I do believe that not many local schools are begging to play teams like Wood and SJP. That dynamic 100% exists. However, I think something as easy as picking up the phone could at least end this mind-boggling situation of two of the premier programs in our state, that both call the same league home, and who reside in the sane area, of not playing each other.

Of course, not this year :) But moving forward.....

FBU clearly you are a very sensitive guy.
I won't stoop to your level. You're right. I know nothing at all.
Moving on

Ed - end this thread ! This guy is ruining decent talk. Getting a rise is one thing, but being an intentional riser is another. Let's get back to reasonable talk. This Fraud Boy Usually is ruining the site - kind of reminds me of Mr Ink ... hmmm, haven't seen that name in a while - I wonder why???????? Reincarnation ???? Maybe? Probably !!!

Reactions: ed o'brien
Good call, I like the Wood program, but he makes it hard to root for them. Calling the Central Bucks and Council Rock programs pathetic because they play rivalry games is ludicrous.

Off the subject but I seriously don't think anyone from district 12 is gonna win states in class 3 or 4 a....just my opinion wood just doesn't have the talent Imhotep will get out coached.prep won't win because of inexperienced line.the winner of prep and parkland will win it all but parkland I was told has just as much talent as prep but I really think someone else of then d12 wins it

My sense is D12 takes 3A, it's 'Teps to lose. They don't win it this year with that collection of home grown and poached talent, along with the rumored coaching staff additions, Crosby will need to take a deep intrinsic look at the final process. Wood will be solid but a lot to replace, especially line.

4A.... Would say "longer" odds this year than priors but wouldn't be startled to see a PCL team playing for title.

FBU, you're a little over the top. Take a breath.

Unlike District-1 teams who have to schedule strategically, be somewhat wise due to a point system, and are limited in the amount of NL weeks available, the PCL doesn't have to worry about that. 4A teams have six open weeks to fill, 3A & 2A have five. There is no point system. Your state playoff fate lies in the PCL playoffs and every team makes the playoffs. There is no risk. Like zero.

Scheduling quality opponents is beneficial on so many levels. For example, it prepares you better for those games that "do matter" later in the season. Competitive and interesting games are good for the entire community. I'm a PCL fan and I would love to see arguably two of the best five teams in the state in a given year play each other. The gates would be significant and would help the home team financially in their year to host. I'm sure kids would relish the chance to go up against the best.

There is literally no downside in SJP/AW playing each other. If you can think of one then I'd love to hear it.

No one gets anything out of bunch of 49-7 games. And granted I understand sometimes these scenarios are unavoidable. I do believe that not many local schools are begging to play teams like Wood and SJP. That dynamic 100% exists. However, I think something as easy as picking up the phone could at least end this mind-boggling situation of two of the premier programs in our state, that both call the same league home, and who reside in the sane area, of not playing each other.

Of course, not this year :) But moving forward.....
AGREED!

Ed - end this thread ! This guy is ruining decent talk. Getting a rise is one thing, but being an intentional riser is another. Let's get back to reasonable talk. This Fraud Boy Usually is ruining the site - kind of reminds me of Mr Ink ... hmmm, haven't seen that name in a while - I wonder why???????? Reincarnation ???? Maybe? Probably !!!
Chicken Legs - I'm worried about you, up late, me in your head, maybe a bottle of cheap bourbon on the night stand a couple shots and then, you start banging away on the keyboard, making no sense and then Cómo me llamo! more like jiveturkey but whatever you say! You do bleed that prep maroon! Faithful, I'll give ya that! Clever with the "Fraud Boy Usually" with that little pearl, I know exactly what you got going on upstairs in that insecure paranoid little prep head of yours! Now I gotta get a whole days work done by noon! Have a Great Weekend! prep rules! How much homework this weekend?

How are you gonna out coach the best staff in the state????

I still think either Imhotep or the defending champs Wood,will win AAA.

Not sure what McDev has coming back, but they've always been disciplined squad, well coached, talent varies year to year from good to very good!! When they've lost to Wood in 3A title games, it wasn't due to lack of effort or execution.
If 'Tep is 3A rep this year, who knows?? Imhotep/Crosby still looking to get that "can't finish, play smaller in the champ game" noose off their neck! If the rumor of Schmidt & B.G. on his staff, could only help, guys with pedigree and state titles under their belt.

Reactions: FBU82
Them kids regardless of who are coaching them will not listen which is why a public league team/charter team will not win any kind of football championship.

@Mactatty:
Do you know any of those kids? The answer is no; that's the problem with people like yourself. The subliminal bs just says what you want to say.

Reactions: lilromeo
Them kids regardless of who are coaching them will not listen which is why a public league team/charter team will not win any kind of football championship.

I though Imhotep handled themselves very well in the D-12 final last year. A couple of unfortunate moments early put them behind the eight ball, but they battled throughout. Played without top RB, too. Wood was the better team, but Imhotep was arguably second best team in state at 3A.

On paper, Imhotep might be the best team, regardless of class, on this side of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT