ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin beats Kentucky 71-64

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Congratulations to their head coach Bo Ryan, a Chester (St. James) native. He and fellow Pennsylvanian Barry Alvarez, former head FB coach (winningest at school) and present AD have sure but Wisconsin on the map!

Re: Lets Go Duke!

Quite a coach. ND-Holtz took a big hit when they lost perhaps their best DC when Coach Alvarez left.

Duke*?!...come on Cmont, the whole world is pulling for Wisconsin, anyone but Duke. Ha! Hoping for it for Coach Ryan. Plus growing up in ACC MD-Terp turf, we root for anything but Duke despite Terps high tailing it outta there for the Big 10 recently; old habits dying hard.

3 of 4 coaches in the championship are from philly area

Muffet OBrien McGraw is a Shanahan grad from West Chester
Geno A is from Norristown
Bo Ryan from Chester

None of my friends want Duke either. I like going against the grain. Either way I just want to see a good game tonight. Side note - My buddy went to Maryland and sophomore year I guess late 84/early 85 we went to Cole Fielshouse to see the man Len Bias.

Re: 3 of 4 coaches in the championship are from philly area

PA seems to always be there in the world of sports don't they.

Yeah, Terps have had good hoops since I was a kid, back to Lefty Driesell (and beyond), then Gary Wms. Most of us into it appreciate what Coach K has done at Duke and he's a cool dude. It just seems to come with the turf to root against them? Hell of a program.
Maryland has been too and hey....a 2nd place finish in the Big 10 says they still are. Quite a tradition there as well minus the titles of course but one of the super quality teams that made the ACC a super league before splitting for the Big 10. Too bad they lost them.
Great game with Duke getting the last push to seal it. Another 3 minutes the momentum may have gone the other way, 3 more...back to Duke. It was that kind of a game and man it was good! Had a football feel to it at times.

ADVERTISEMENT