ADVERTISEMENT

To introduce myself ...

blufftown

Jun 11, 2001
Pennsylvania native (Crawford County) who attended Auburn Univ., then later law school and practices in Birmingham.

I started following PA HS football again a couple of years ago when my old little single A school (Conneaut Valley) merged with two others to form Conneaut Area Senior High, now a AAA school. Then lo and behold last fall they beat Cathedral Prep in the snow for the D-10 title and even have a QB (who'll be a senior next fall) who's good enough to get recruited. So, I'm interested in W. Pa HS football and especially hoping that some of these kids in the less populous areas outside of metro Pittsburgh can get athletic scholarships at some level.

Hope this board gets some traffic.

Pennsylvania native (Crawford County) who attended Auburn Univ., then later law school and practices in Birmingham.

I started following PA HS football again a couple of years ago when my old little single A school (Conneaut Valley) merged with two others to form Conneaut Area Senior High, now a AAA school. Then lo and behold last fall they beat Cathedral Prep in the snow for the D-10 title and even have a QB (who'll be a senior next fall) who's good enough to get recruited. So, I'm interested in W. Pa HS football and especially hoping that some of these kids in the less populous areas outside of metro Pittsburgh can get athletic scholarships at some level.

Hope this board gets some traffic.
I'm hoping so too. I've been educating myself more and more over the past few months. I know Pittsburgh a little bit, but i know it's plenty of other areas with good football as well.

I'm hoping so too. I've been educating myself more and more over the past few months. I know Pittsburgh a little bit, but i know it's plenty of other areas with good football as well.

Erie always has some good teams, esp. Cathedral Prep that had seniors from this last fall sign with U.Va., Northwestern, Air Force, two w/Youngstown State and several others with schools like Clarion, etc. Dubois, a 4A school, has good teams, too. 1A Hickory has a big time recruit right now the Safety who's a Penn State legacy, Andrew Pyrts (sp?).

Last edited:
Erie always has some good teams, esp. Cathedral Prep that had seniors from this last fall sign with U.Va., Northwestern, Air Force, two w/Youngstown State and several others with schools like Clarion, etc. Dubois, a 4A school, has good teams, too. 1A Hickory has a big time recruit right now the Safety who's a Penn State legacy, Andrew Pyrts (sp?).

Ah. I didn't know Pryts was a Penn State legacy. I've had a chance to talk to him here and there.

Sup fellas,

I'm a 2001 grad of Clairton, then I joined the Navy in 03 and left in 07. In 2010 I started workin on my degree and is currently enrolled at Pitt. I'm a small school fan, and Clairton's recent run really made it easy to follow up to the state finals these past 6 or so years.

Sup fellas,

I'm a 2001 grad of Clairton, then I joined the Navy in 03 and left in 07. In 2010 I started workin on my degree and is currently enrolled at Pitt. I'm a small school fan, and Clairton's recent run really made it easy to follow up to the state finals these past 6 or so years.

Animus, I'm a 2000 grad of Greensburg Central Catholic. If you played football, we probably bumped heads back in the day. I always liked the game day atmosphere in Clairton. Tough crowd, but always appreciated a good hit - from either team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT