ADVERTISEMENT

The Recruiting Zone

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what colleges are recruiting Ethan Mahan, Cyllel Rose, Zamire Cottrell, Colten Danel, and Colin O’Sullivan now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Haverford athlete Ethan Mahan​

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I recently committed to play baseball at the University of Rhode Island.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I was being recruited by some power 5s and a lot of mid majors.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Rhode Island was recruiting me the hardest and I really liked the coaches which made the decision easy for me.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I visited [Rhode Island] back in December and am going back soon.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“N/A.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“N/A.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“N/A.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was always Alabama because of their dominance in football.”

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Old Forge offensive lineman Cyllel Rose​

“Yes, football.”

“A handful of D3 schools which is a good start to the beginning of my recruitment process.”

“Wilkes.”

“I went to a Penn State camp.”

“I plan to visit as many colleges as possible.”

“N/A.”

“I plan to visit as many camps as possible.”

“LSU.”

Q&A with Conwell-Egan Catholic defensive end Zamire Cottrell​

“Yes, I plan on playing football after graduating.”

“I have talked to many coaches all over but have Division 1 offers from Temple U, Saint Francis U, and Stonehill College.”

“I’ve been in contact with Temple the most I feel like. Their coaching staff keeps in touch often.”

“Yes I’ve been to schools like Boston College, Syracuse, Temple, etc. just to name a few.”

“As of right now no, but things may change in the future.”

“I’ve been to only two camps this year, which were at Temple and Cincinnati. I received the Temple offer right after the camp so I feel like I definitely balled out there. And I have been in contact with the Cincinnati coaching staff as well.”

“I want to try and get to at least 2-3 more during July.”

“Growing up I would watch Penn State games with my family, so they really grew on me.”

Q&A with Forest Hills defensive end Colten Danel​

“It has been my dream to play college sports at the next level, specifically football. Ever since I can remember I’ve imagined myself playing in a bowl game with thousands of fans. It’s been a huge source of motivation for me.”

“Over the last few months, I have been recruited by a variety of colleges from different divisions. For example, I have been in contact with Brown University and Dartmouth University as well as others such as Cincinnati. I have also been blessed to receive two offers from two Division three programs from different areas. One from Grinnell College in Iowa, and Wittenberg University in Ohio.”

“The school that is currently recruiting me the hardest is Knox College in Illinois. They have been contacting me weekly with different updates and questions about my life as well as football.”

“I have made multiple trips to various colleges throughout this year, including two junior days to Brown and Dartmouth. I have also been on many non-football related trips such as West Virginia, Purdue, Cincinnati, Penn State, and Ohio State.”

“I don’t have any plans to go on any more visits to colleges for the rest of the summer unless I’m invited to a campus by a coach or coaches.”

“I have been to multiple camps this past offseason. They include Pitt, Maryland, Wake Forest, Youngstown State, and Princeton. I have attended many showcases with more combine related competition as well. Performance-wise I feel like I have been able to compete fairly well with some of the best athletes in the country and I believe I have started to make a name for myself which I am very proud of.”

“I plan to attend four more camps throughout the rest of the off-season. I will be attending Brown and Dartmouth for their prospect camps. And I plan to attend both Bucknell and Old Dominion for their camps toward the end of July as well.”

“My favorite college growing up was probably Notre Dame. The first time I heard of the school was when I watched the movie Rudy and I fell in love with it ever since. It would be amazing to be able to play there.”

Q&A with Upper Dublin quarterback Colin O’Sullivan​

“Yes I want to play football.”

“Boston College, Cornell, Delaware, Sacred Heart, and Lafayette to name a few.”

“I really like the Boston College coaches.”

“Last year I had a chance for a bunch of gameday visits and did a bunch of junior days. I was able to visit schools like Penn State, Boston College, Rutgers, Lafayette, Bucknell and others.”

“I have nothing planned currently. After doing a bunch of camps I want to concentrate on preparing for the upcoming season.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I did a bunch like Rutgers, Sacred Heart, Villanova, PSU and a few others.”

“Penn State.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News