ADVERTISEMENT

Swift-McCord

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
You've got to love the way these two performed over the weekend being SJP products.

D'Andre Swift runs like he's been reborn. He's a machine getting 130 yds on 10 carries and a catch for 8 yds. That guy runs with a purpose!

And Kyle McCord is finally the quarterback that can get Ohio St somewhere. He was a real leader this weekend beating Notre Dame 17-14 in the last minute, completing 16 of 31 for 240-yards. I think he makes them special.

16 of 31 is far from special, and almost every recent OSU quarterback has looked better than him

Haskins, Stroud, and Fields were all Heisman finalists he has a long way to go to be on that level

• Haha
Reactions: Bighead75
16 of 31 is far from special, and almost every recent OSU quarterback has looked better than him

Haskins, Stroud, and Fields were all Heisman finalists he has a long way to go to be on that level
The actual numbers were 21 of 37. Can we not say that McCord played well, especially when the pressure was greatest? Not great but quite good for a first start in a big game, a very big game.

The actual numbers were 21 of 37. Can we not say that McCord played well, especially when the pressure was greatest? Not great but quite good for a first start in a big game, a very big game.
yeah but it wasn't "special" like it was mentioned above

BP, read it again. I said he makes 'them' (i.e., his team) special. Of course, because he's from SJP, you will likely find fault.

Great game and as tulla said, especially in the pressure cooker of a Notre Dame game, at their place, last minute drive, first game. I'll take 58% in a first start-hostile environment every time. And winning is special against big time comp in my view, especially considering magnitude.
Actually I'll say it now. It was a special game for him and his team.

The throws on 3rd and 10, 4th and 7, and 3rd and 19 on the final drive were special (particularly the 3rd and 19 throw) as was the bullet that Egbuka dropped in the end zone on what ended up their field goal drive. He’s played better than CJ Stroud did in his first four games, which included a loss to Oregon where he got picked off on the final drive. He’s not better than what CJ Stroud became, but Ohio State’s quarterback development is one I’d trust (Ohio State alum here).

The throws on 3rd and 10, 4th and 7, and 3rd and 19 on the final drive were special (particularly the 3rd and 19 throw) as was the bullet that Egbuka dropped in the end zone on what ended up their field goal drive. He’s played better than CJ Stroud did in his first four games, which included a loss to Oregon where he got picked off on the final drive. He’s not better than what CJ Stroud became, but Ohio State’s quarterback development is one I’d trust (Ohio State alum here).
I'm just glad to see him and others we may know about do well, wherever they're from.

On another note, OSU has a good one in Coach Ryan Day. I love Coach Holtz but suspect he misses the limelight (who wouldn't?) being off ESPN, feeling he had to say something provocative, all cranked up in front of a ND crowd. That was disappointing with his stature making me think something else may be going on (age) as he didn't have to go there even if he believed it, to get our attention.
Your Buckeyes are looking good if they can get past Michigan with a major roadblock of Penn State a few weeks before that. One's going to make the playoffs with the SEC down or eliminating themselves, Clemson with a loss and who knows what's coming out of the fractured wacky PAC.

swift has been crazy good- durable enough? Seems maybe injury prone?

agreed mccord look good, great potential

BP, read it again. I said he makes 'them' (i.e., his team) special. Of course, because he's from SJP, you will likely find fault.

Great game and as tulla said, especially in the pressure cooker of a Notre Dame game, at their place, last minute drive, first game. I'll take 58% in a first start-hostile environment every time. And winning is special against big time comp in my view, especially considering magnitude.
Actually I'll say it now. It was a special game for him and his team.
i have nothing against him, I stated the fact many times that SJP has many advantages specifically because they get out of state stars like Mccord

that doesn't mean i am going out of my way to be critical of Mccord himself

i have nothing against him, I stated the fact many times that SJP has many advantages specifically because they get out of state stars like Mccord

that doesn't mean i am going out of my way to be critical of Mccord himself
Ok BP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT