ADVERTISEMENT

STATE FINAL PREDICTIONS

I believe the '13 PCC was loaded on paper. I also feel that PCC took SJP lightly that year. (my opinion; I didn't read or hear anything that formed the basis for this). I believe PCC had two 1,000 yard rushers and maybe felt over-confident about their anticipated success running the ball.
I have seen references to the PCC starting QB getting hurt in the 3rd quarter. While true, I don't think that had much of an effect on the outcome. PCC did not throw the ball much while the starter was in. Once again, I feel they were confident they could win as a one-dimensional offense.
I also heard a rumor that PCC did not practice one or more days before the Final, probably due to weather. If true, I'm sure the coaching staff looked at that as a huge mistake.
In any event, I'm certain PCC will not approach this game in the same manner as they did in 2013.
My less than objective prediction is SJP 38 - PCC 31.
A question for the board: Would it be wrong to ask the staff at the venue of my niece's wedding this Saturday to turn on the game???
FF - by all means

I also agree with your commentary about taking SJP a little too light. That will not happen this time. Also, Prep has a couple difficiencies and I believe If PCC exploits them, it will make the difference.

I believe the '13 PCC was loaded on paper. I also feel that PCC took SJP lightly that year. (my opinion; I didn't read or hear anything that formed the basis for this). I believe PCC had two 1,000 yard rushers and maybe felt over-confident about their anticipated success running the ball.
I have seen references to the PCC starting QB getting hurt in the 3rd quarter. While true, I don't think that had much of an effect on the outcome. PCC did not throw the ball much while the starter was in. Once again, I feel they were confident they could win as a one-dimensional offense.
I also heard a rumor that PCC did not practice one or more days before the Final, probably due to weather. If true, I'm sure the coaching staff looked at that as a huge mistake.
In any event, I'm certain PCC will not approach this game in the same manner as they did in 2013.
My less than objective prediction is SJP 38 - PCC 31.
A question for the board: Would it be wrong to ask the staff at the venue of my niece's wedding this Saturday to turn on the game???[/QUOT

Re PCC, not practicing a few days prior to the final. That is true, they came in early, the game was cancelled due to snow. It wasn't planned, the mistake was coming in early. The team was locked up in a hotel and couldn't practice. Saw twitter pictures of the kids screwing around in their hotel rooms late at night. St Joe's arrived the day of the rescheduled game. Don't know if that had any effect on outcome but it didn't help.

I've been good, and it's all good. I have Prep winning because they are more battle tested and played a much tougher schedule, also beat two national powers conveniently. The only time PCC played anyone with as much or more size and D1 talent, they got blown out.

I'd say The Prep's schedule was a little better than Central's, but they by no means beat two national powers. Don Bosco Prep is average this year. They lost to Archbishop Moeller from Cincy. Moeller is sub .500. Moeller lost to Cleveland St. Ed's who got by Pine-Richland by 1. PCC is 14-28 points better than P-R. The California team The Prep beat is pedestrian. I’m not a connect the dots guy, but it gets us closer to the truth than assumptions based on past years.

North Penn is a good win for SJP. Central had some good wins too. PCC has their best, most complete team since 2004. This should be a great inaugural 6A championship.

Reactions: pcc64
I'd say The Prep's schedule was a little better than Central's, but they by no means beat two national powers. Don Bosco Prep is average this year. They lost to Archbishop Moeller from Cincy. Moeller is sub .500. Moeller lost to Cleveland St. Ed's who got by Pine-Richland by 1. PCC is 14-28 points better than P-R. The California team The Prep beat is pedestrian. I’m not a connect the dots guy, but it gets us closer to the truth than assumptions based on past years.

North Penn is a good win for SJP. Central had some good wins too. PCC has their best, most complete team since 2004. This should be a great inaugural 6A championship.

Don Bosco and the team from cali are traditional powers. Whether they are down or not, they still have a lot of talent and size, coaching. Therefore they did beat two national powers.

But yes, I'm hoping for a good game and obviously a PCC victory.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT