ADVERTISEMENT

SOL Wrap Up

HSFB99

Oct 4, 2020
Bucks did you see the West NP game? I read it was the first time NP has been shut out since 2007. Were they playing a new QB? A buddy told me it was a converted WR. I said it a week or two ago, I think this is the worst NP team in over 25 years.

Bucks did you see the West NP game? I read it was the first time NP has been shut out since 2007. Were they playing a new QB? A buddy told me it was a converted WR. I said it a week or two ago, I think this is the worst NP team in over 25 years.
Not Bucks but I saw the game. West was dominate on defense and the o line continues to amaze me . Their running attack is hard to stop with 3 very fast and tough running backs including the QB.This squad is well coached all around. Remnants of the old Buck teams.

Reactions: Soup13
Thanks Romeo. What was your assessment of NP?
They didnt have their starting QB ,but I dont believe that mattered much. They couldnt stop the run and definitely could not move the ball on offense. They were never in the game . I dont know what has happened over there.

Reactions: Soup13 and HSFB99
CBW is looking good. Hope they got the juice to get deep.

Neshaminy is heading for another forgettable year even though the talent -- although maybe not as deep -- is not entirely absent. These lulls in competitiveness have occurred on The Reservation from time-to-time so we don't need to scuttle the ship just yet (the community, Admin and AD still dig sports - see 12 M just spent on new fields, stadium, etc.). I think we'll be seeing the end of the current on-the-field regime soon enough (plenty of great guys who have given a ton over the years but there comes a time when a seat in the stands is more appropriate).

Moleskinner, I believe Wilmot has a son on the team. What year is he? Is this the only son that will go through the program? Maybe he steps away once his son wraps up his HS playing days.

His son is a junior (there's the math).

Wilmot has given plenty to Neshaminy since he showed up with Schmidt in 1995. He has been a football coach (in various capacities) longer than anyone else in the 95 years they've fielded a squad. He's a great guy (I've met him on more than a few occasions). Plus he is married to John Watto's daughter who coached when I was there in the late '60s/early '70s (so the connection runs deep).

Reactions: Stalker and HSFB99
CBW looks like the real deal, maybe better than last years squad (team to team comparison). NP, like my Skins, look as though the mighty have fallen. Jury is out on Souderton - they’re an anomaly. East not as good as the hype and have played down from last season’s standard. CBS doing their typical early burst that will fizzle to around 500 by playoff time.

Pennridge is in the Twilight Zone as they have done exactly the same thing this season as last, right down to an OT game vs CBE. Handled by DTE, close to Soudy, beat two poor teams and went to extra time with (a significantly worse-than-last-year) East team. I guess there will be another ‘national coaching search’ by the illustrious AD there after thanksgiving.

Pennsbury is such a tough bunch of kids. They could figure it out vs CBE this week and then beat Ridge (who will likely eke out a win over the woeful Skins and will be riding inflated egos in the game).

Strange times in SOL.

Was waiting for some stats to get posted to comment but haven't seen a full box score yet so here is what I saw:

1. West ended up rushing for 250+, although they did have some issues getting going early. Coach Rowan and players both addressed it after the game, in a good article I'll link to at the end. Players might have been overlooking North Penn a little bit coming into it. Cooper Taylor had over 100 yards rushing again, and Ryan Clemens must have been pretty close also. McFadden continues to be the X-factor. His fumble return wasn't technically a scoop and score, the ball never hit the ground... he just ripped it from the NP back's hands and went the other way. Followed that with another highlight reel TD run where he showed that he's as elusive as he is fast.
2. West's D-line was totally dominant, Chris Hutchison is really blossoming into a stud, and made multiple big plays in the North Penn backfield. That's probably West's strongest position group.
3. Neither team had their starting QB obviously, but North Penn couldn't get the running game going at all. Total offense for NP was 132, 40 in the first half. West played without their top LB for the second straight week.
4. As has been noted, it's been 16 years and 195 games since North Penn has been shut out.

Weird year in the SOL in that after two games, there are only two undefeated teams left. West needs to take things a week at a time and not look too far ahead. North Penn has to face CB South, and the prospect of falling to 2-4. Still can't fathom, even after last year, that NP might be on the outside looking in when it comes to playoff time. Can Pennsbury get on a roll now after playing West and South back to back? They've had a tough road to start the season.

Last edited:
CBW looks like the real deal, maybe better than last years squad (team to team comparison). NP, like my Skins, look as though the mighty have fallen. Jury is out on Souderton - they’re an anomaly. East not as good as the hype and have played down from last season’s standard. CBS doing their typical early burst that will fizzle to around 500 by playoff time.

Pennridge is in the Twilight Zone as they have done exactly the same thing this season as last, right down to an OT game vs CBE. Handled by DTE, close to Soudy, beat two poor teams and went to extra time with (a significantly worse-than-last-year) East team. I guess there will be another ‘national coaching search’ by the illustrious AD there after thanksgiving.

Pennsbury is such a tough bunch of kids. They could figure it out vs CBE this week and then beat Ridge (who will likely eke out a win over the woeful Skins and will be riding inflated egos in the game).

Strange times in SOL.
Pennsbury kids are very tough and have no quit in them. No matter what the final score is their opponent is going to need an ice bath after the game. I do think they turn the corner against East, probably in a 17-14 type of game. If they get past East, they have a shot to run the table the rest of the way.

CBW is looking good. Hope they got the juice to get deep.

Neshaminy is heading for another forgettable year even though the talent -- although maybe not as deep -- is not entirely absent. These lulls in competitiveness have occurred on The Reservation from time-to-time so we don't need to scuttle the ship just yet (the community, Admin and AD still dig sports - see 12 M just spent on new fields, stadium, etc.). I think we'll be seeing the end of the current on-the-field regime soon enough (plenty of great guys who have given a ton over the years but there comes a time when a seat in the stands is more appropriate).
Neshaminy has some nice athletes, really good size up front, etc... they just don't seem to have an identity on offense. Looking forward seeing the re-furbished complex in a couple of weeks.

Pennridge is very young and is a better coached team this year. Soph QB and alot of underclassmen starting. Give them a year or two and theyll be very competative.

Pennridge is very young and is a better coached team this year. Soph QB and alot of underclassmen starting. Give them a year or two and theyll be very competative.
Rob Rowan continues to impress building back CB West. They also have some solid underclassmen. His teams have been disciplined and they sure know how to bring it. I like what he has done and his hard nosed approach.

Well, my skins got it done. Ugly, but a wins a win. Ridge didn’t look good at all - struggling and still looking at the toughest part of their schedule. I can’t see them winning a game. Four of the coaches were on the previous staff and the AD still micromanaging, so results are the same.

NP got spanked by CBS (maybe I was wrong about them). East did enough to win for the second week in a row. Pennsbury still going to be in fights. They’ll beat ridge next week. West is significantly better than last year, they win out. Soudy to 6-0 impressively.

Well, my skins got it done. Ugly, but a wins a win. Ridge didn’t look good at all - struggling and still looking at the toughest part of their schedule. I can’t see them winning a game. Four of the coaches were on the previous staff and the AD still micromanaging, so results are the same.

NP got spanked by CBS (maybe I was wrong about them). East did enough to win for the second week in a row. Pennsbury still going to be in fights. They’ll beat ridge next week. West is significantly better than last year, they win out. Soudy to 6-0 impressively.
West handled Abington easily but East did not find a way to win, Pennsbury edges them with a late FG. McFadden put on a show in the first half for West.

Wow I thought I saw East was up 14-3 on Pennsbury after pennsbury fumbled in East’s red zone. What was the final?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT