ADVERTISEMENT

SJP - Franklin

SJP 7 - Franklin 6 late 1st

Sounds like a rerun of last year; SJP plays down to the opposition.

Gtfo with that dumb shit JB Frankford totally out played them with one of the BEST defenses in the state

@LGC you should know by now JBin could never actually give any credit to a PPL team. Not against the all mighty catholic league anyway.
@Tulla I will say we outplayed them in the 2nd half.

Yeah, shame if the kid was seriously injured; hopefully he'll be ok.

This post was edited on 11/22 1:08 PM by JBinPA

Reid injured; being carried off the field by his teammates. 40-6 at the half.

This post was edited on 11/22 1:30 PM by ptomaselli

Coach,

I don't disagree with you, but what you said is very different from what LGC said.

I thought Frankford's defense played a great game. SJP was very flat and was playing its first game without Martin. It showed.

Yea I here you FKD we only had a td called back by an invisible hold , a int for a td dropped and only lost 10-7 but they played down to our level, lol.

This post was edited on 11/22 1:12 PM by littleguyscoach

My take:

Prep business/workman like effort, dominated as expected.

Franklin showed some guts, a lot of it when starters were pulled at half but competed to the end. Nice season boys.

Reid injury: If worse case scenario, would be huge loss. I don't however feel it upsets their title hopes. Too much talent remaining on the field and there's NO ONE left in State tourney who possesses a passing game that could exploit his absence. Leadership role, they still have tntc in that department. IMO..

Again, with this FRK/SJP nonsense. The Pioneers were well-prepared and played a spirited defensive game. They even matched-up decently with the Hawks. They also caught them at the right time. The Hawks let their guard down some, and combined with a back-up QB making his first start for the MVP of 4A football in the state, lent itself to some unique circumstances.

Both sides here need to understand that FRK had the personnel to make it difficult for the Hawks regardless of who the QB was, but a healthy Martin was worth a minimum of 2, probably 3 TDs in this game.,

Reid is also very good against the run. Last year he made a tackle against Pollard of Neshaminy that saved a TD. Next play Harris made the 98-yard fumble return that was huge. If both Reid and Johnson are injured the Prep defense will really be pressed, if not next week then the following one.

Also, Reid is by far the Prep's main downfield receiving threat. Just think of last year's state championship game.

tulla---I disagree. I personally believe that De'Andre Swift #7 is Prep's #1 threat easily. The kid is a future first round NFL draft choice.

I was referring to Reid's record and skill as a receiver only. I agree Swift is the biggest combined running-receiving threat.

Huck,

LGC needs to keep bringing it up! That's all he has is the past. In his world he needs to dwell on almost successes regardless of the game circumstance. Leave him be and he will go away!

Tulla,
Agree with your offensive assessment of JR, but so many threats, will take a herculean effort to halt this year's offensive group. That force defensive play vs. Neshaminy, remember it well, quite decisive in the outcome.

btw..... That Jack(Jake?) Strain, frigg'in beast to handle!! #10, really means something down there!

Pt -

Took note of that - one of the quickest releases I've ever seen with high accuracy - BF had a ton of drops or it could have been more of a game.

Hope #25 can recover.

It was pretty clear there was nothing BF couldve done to make that a game. When you stack 8 in the box and still give up 10 yds a carry you dont stand a chance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT