ADVERTISEMENT

Shannahan In Trouble??

IrishCB

Jul 4, 2012
Was talking with a friend from DTown, and he mentioned to me the coaching staff may be in trouble with the PIAA for texting players from another school. He told me the players showed the text messages to their coach and he apparently forwarded them up the ladder. Anyone have more information on this?

I'm sure that ChesmontLeague1 will respond to this. He didn't believe me that their HC showed up at a Marsh Creek game and "talked" to the players afterward. If the texting is true, wow!

Marsh Creek seems to be very successful. I know guys that have coached there, and players that have played there. There have been many quality players that have come through the organization.

We all know everything on this board is factual. I hadn't heard of this rumor and would want to hear more details/context in regards to the situation. My response to DYW coach... If this rumor is true they must have been recruiting up on the East side where they have consistently very good teams and produce some D1 talent year in and out through the terrific Marsh Creek youth program.

Is Marsh Creek a Dtown school or a youth program? If a Dtown school, I can see the problem. If its a youth athletic program I don't see it as a big issue. Who's to say what school the participants are from.

The subject of IrishCB's original message is getting mixed up. He states that text messages were sent to players from another school. This has nothing to do with the Marsh Creek football organization. The players that received the texts are currently in high school.

Marsh Creek, LAFA and CYO are "fair game" for Shanahan. I don't see why they can't tout their program and school. I've been present when they came out and spoke to our CYO program and didn't feel that they were "recruiting". Out of the eleven 8th graders, I didn't hear of one player that decided on Shanahan. Malvern, Salesianum, Episcopal and Rustin were the benefactors.

gwvet91...you're absolutely correct, those 8th graders are fair game. IrishCB's message is in reponse to current high school players apparently receiving text messages.

DYW - Wait a second! Your ok gwvets91... 8th graders from Marsh Creek are fair game but you had a big issue with me a few months back on the same issue. What side do you stand or you just trying to be a pain in the ass? Or both? Moderator.. sorry for the language but check DYW's post a few months back. I'm restating what he said.

Irishcb plays whisper down the lane with a 'friend who mentioned to him'. Then attention deficit kicks in for everybody else who go completely off topic. Gotta love this board.

LSer - I realize this board is for people to post in an anonymous manner and we've had some great debates but you gotta realize a whisper down the lane involving a Catholic schools is going to bring on many negative comments. Unfortunately some of our fellow posters as you know already have there mind made up on Catholic and Private schools and they love the opportunity to bash. Here in Dtown it's pretty well known that the public school system is not very supportive of Shanahan especially from the West side. Read the history of Dtown football Facebook page and make up your own mind from some of the long time Dtowners.

Why are adults texting minors specially minors NOT in their program?
What could they be possibly texting them about that a phone call to the kids' parents can't do?
How do the Shanahan coaches have these kids numbers?

Why are adults texting minors specially minors NOT in their program?
What could they be possibly texting them about that a phone call to the kids' parents can't do?
How do the Shanahan coaches have these kids numbers?
All three of your questions are very relevant and should be answered .

Not surprising that something like this has happened at Shanahan. When you have coaches on the staff that at best turn a blind eye to "chop blocking" or high lowing defensive lineman in games then I imagine they would be willing to break any rule. In my opinion a "chop block" is one of the dirtiest penalties you can have in a football game. If you ask any Chesmont coach who plays Shanahan, they will tell you it often happens in a Shanahan game. Referees of the Chestmont will tell you that it is often brought up by an opposing team before they play Shanahan because they see it watching film of Shanahan. So no I am not suprised that Shanahan would call, text or encourage players at other schools to leave and come to their school.

The Rust Belt chimes in! Our neighbors to the south/east who didn't want the Chesmont in there league and now are in the know about the Chesmont! Right. Like I said... You have your regular Catholic school detractors. (Same people who beat on OHara)

The Rust Belt chimes in! Our neighbors to the south/east who didn't want the Chesmont in there league and now are in the know about the Chesmont! Right. Like I said... You have your regular Catholic school detractors. (Same people who beat on OHara)

Not sure if your reply was intended for me but if it was I can reply because I have no idea what you are trying to say. However, I stand by my comments and I am positive other Chesmont League coaches will as well. It is well known amongst league members. If you don't believe me just ask a coach or if you have access to Hudl you can clearly see it for yourself by watching some offensive snaps.

I really wish that people would stop anonymously posting unconfirmed stories about any coaches, schools, and players. Not just about Shanahan, but all programs and those assosciated with them.

Why doesn't Shannahan just join the Phila.Catholic league if there is that much negativity towards them. They would be welcome im sure.

Not sure if your reply was intended for me but if it was I can reply because I have no idea what you are trying to say. However, I stand by my comments and I am positive other Chesmont League coaches will as well. It is well known amongst league members. If you don't believe me just ask a coach or if you have access to Hudl you can clearly see it for yourself by watching some offensive snaps.

Just because there may be an illegal chop block doesn't mean that the coaches teach or condone that action. Again, can't we stick to facts and stop commenting on things we have no proof of ever taking place. I don't know of any coaches who would ever coach an illegal technique, but holding, roughing the QB, and pass interference happen in every game. Is that fact to be blamed on the coach or the player who makes the mistake. Let's stop questioning character unless you have proof.

Well said ChesterStyle.

LittleRomeo - I personally wouldn't mind seeing Shanahan compete in the PCL but the natural rivals are Dtown, WC and Coatesville. With Shanahan's men's sports getting a solid footing in just about all sports I can guarantee we are going to hear more negative Catholic school recruiting and false rumors as the years progress.

It happens every game. It happens every year. The coaches in the league all complain about it. I have plenty of video of it but I dont think it is my job to post it all over this website. If you also want to turn a blind eye to it so be it but when it happens as much as I have stated its clearly happening. Why dont you use your resources in the Chesmont to prove if I am correct or incorrect? I wouldnt come on here and make these false accusations unless I know from Chesmont coaches I speak or review film with or have coached or currently coach in the league. Either way, prove me wrong or drop it!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT