ADVERTISEMENT

#Rivals250 for 2017 Class: PA makes it's mark

Several PA players crack the initial #Rivals250 for the 2017 class. Click here for the article.
Ed,do you have any additional information about #117 tackle Carter Lynch from the prep ? I haven't heard his name mentioned in the recruiting articles before. thanks

Ed, Carter Lynch from SJP is listed as in the class of '17 on the Rivals list, but on last year's roster he's identified as in the class of '16. I've never heard of a Prep player repeating a year so I'm wondering ...

Ed, Carter Lynch from SJP is listed as in the class of '17 on the Rivals list, but on last year's roster he's identified as in the class of '16. I've never heard of a Prep player repeating a year so I'm wondering ...

I could probably get a clear answer on

I saw the same discrepencies, but was told he's definitely in the 2017 class.

Ed,do you have any additional information about #117 tackle Carter Lynch from the prep ? I haven't heard his name mentioned in the recruiting articles before. thanks

To be quite honest, neither did I. I did see him at the Rivals Camp in New Jersey. Other than that, i hadn't heard much about his recruitment. But I also hadn't really asked about it as of late either. It is something that I'll be checking into in the next few weeks as I prepare for the season.

Reactions: paulathebaglady
To be quite honest, neither did I. I did see him at the Rivals Camp in New Jersey. Other than that, i hadn't heard much about his recruitment. But I also hadn't really asked about it as of late either. It is something that I'll be checking into in the next few weeks as I prepare for the season.
He will be a junior this year

Thanks. I got confused because the Prep has posted its 2015 roster but under the heading "2014 Varsity Roster."

The kid must be an absolute specimen to be one of the top 120 juniors in the country without having played a meaningful varsity snap. Killing the camp circuit I presume? Two years ago, Saquon Barkley committed to Rutgers before his first varsity carry based on camp performance. Obviously Rutgers was right in their assessment because he had a pretty awesome two years (though unlucky for Rutgers, they couldn't hold on to the commit once he blew up). I'm assuming Lynch is the presumptive replacement for Runyan?

Reactions: paulathebaglady
The kid must be an absolute specimen to be one of the top 120 juniors in the country without having played a meaningful varsity snap. Killing the camp circuit I presume? Two years ago, Saquon Barkley committed to Rutgers before his first varsity carry based on camp performance. Obviously Rutgers was right in their assessment because he had a pretty awesome two years (though unlucky for Rutgers, they couldn't hold on to the commit once he blew up). I'm assuming Lynch is the presumptive replacement for Runyan?
He's matured well. He is much stronger than he was as a freshman. Basically he was that size coming in.

Looking at his height and weight (6'5'' and 315), it makes sense that he would be more of a recruiting "prospect" than smaller guys with much more varsity experience. I would hope that his being ranked so high doesn't create unreasonable expectations of what he'll do this year or maybe even next.

ADVERTISEMENT