ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Mactatty

Apr 2, 2015
Is the ncsa recruiting worth it.new to the recruiting and wanted people's feedback

Guessing you have a son playing HS football... It is really a family decision. There are a thousand services out there who will evaluate a player, package him up, and send it out to college coaches, for a fee of course. All colleges have a prospect form on their website that your son can fill out and you can get them his HUDL link. As for "services" do they have any true personal connection and working relationship (cred) with college coaches and/or reputation on the line? A good starting point would be hitting a PA PREPS camp/combine like the one in Philly 5/3 to gauge where your player is at compared to the other HS guys.

Re: What school /graade of your son?

Not needed..

Just do game film - HUDL Links.. Give a list of schools and you or the coach can send them out.. I do this ALL the time for my players. I have about 20-25 teams I know very well here in VA and send the film to those IA and IAA coaches their sophomore or Winter of Junior Year.. No bites equal not a IA or IAA player.. Now focus on II or III.. Bites equals the kid goes to their 1 day camp and workout... Pretty simple process...

In your are go to Delaware(I-AA), Villanova (I-AA), Temple, Penn State (if you are LEGIT.. If not do not waste your time), Towson (I-AA).. Honestly if you go to 3-4 one day camps at the I-AA level and nobody shows much interest or offers.. You are not a IAA or above player.

It is a pretty simple process that a lot of "Street agents" and "Agencies" and combines complicate for their own personal monetary gratification.

In 11 years as a head coach I have sent over 25 players to play DIA, DIAA and DII ball (Scholarship level). None of the players used or needed a recruiting agency..

Current school completed year 7 - I have sent 34 players to play college ball (20 of them DII or above).. None needed a service.. NONE of my players do combines..
Just do film and do one day camps. That is the best course of action. Saves you a ton of money too.

Re: What school /graade of your son?

Coach Joe is dead on! You and your sons coach care much more about your child than any recruiting service does. Find the schools you like, find out when their prospect day is, send a brief email with GPA, SAT, HUDL link and wait for a response. If a coach sends back a personal email, go to their prospect day. The best advice would be to evaluate your son for what he is. Not every kid is a D1 player, fact is that very few are. Be honest with yourself and don't waste your time sending emails to Alabama when that time could be better served building a relationship with Kutztown.

ADVERTISEMENT