ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with York Catholic quarterback LeVan McFadden

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season was going good, I was hoping we had another undefeated season this year but things didn't go the way we wanted them to. I think a lot of adversity played into our team this year and we struggled. We managed to fight through it to the end and finish on an even record.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I am very pleased with how I played this year. I had an opportunity to show my athleticism playing multiple positions. I played through different injuries all year, but I know my team needed me. I know I left everything out there, but I still feel like I could’ve done more.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel my team came into the season with a goal of wanting to dominate this year. The morale of the team seemed to change when we lost the first couple of games. When things didn’t go our way, we resorted to switching everything. This was not a good decision in my eyes, but I guess we had to find something that worked.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Yes, I feel my team can improve, it ultimately starts at practice. For me the game is the show. We put the work in during the week and put it out for display on Friday nights. Our practices during the week were never really the best, many of our guys probably didn’t want to play the way our season was going.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“If they want to continue to do well, they must find a reason to be out there other than winning championships. The want to win is good, but when you aren’t, you cannot just give up and I think that’s something our coaching staff and players lacked.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes I want to play football in college. I have been playing football since I was 5 years old and I truly love this game.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been in contact with a lot of schools. There were a lot of Division I programs that came to my school to see me in the Spring. Since then things have been busy. A lot of PSAC and Division 3 schools have been in contact with me as of late. I am also starting to get into contact with some NEC schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Misericordia University has been recruiting me the hardest. The coaches have been great and I feel they know my true potential.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes I have been to West Point, Stony Brook, Wagner, Kutztown, Misericordia, Shephard, Holy Cross, Albright, Lock Haven, and many others.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“Majority of all my weekends in September, October and November have been traveling to game day visits.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I grew up liking the Oregon Ducks.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News