ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Manheim Township running back Declan Clancy

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has been going well so far. We lost two tough games, could’ve gone either way. I think we’ve responded well as a team. That’s always encouraging. We need to attack every opportunity we have to get better. Every game is the biggest game of the year, and we must prepare with that in mind.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I’d say pleased but never satisfied. I know the team and I have a lot we want to prove yet this season. We need to continue to grow and take steps forward every day towards our goals.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“The team has played well overall so far. We’ve had our moments where we’ve shined, and we have taken our bumps here and there as well. Early on, I think we were a young team, but now I can see we’re coming together. I feel we’ve found our identity as a team.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Consistency and finish. Just continuing to sharpen and build upon what has made us successful. In terms of finishing, we need to play four full quarters of Manheim Township football.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“We need to continue to take pride in doing the little things right. We can’t become complacent. And like I mentioned earlier, we need to be consistent and finish everything we do.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to continue my football career at the next level. That’s always been a goal of mine.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I haven’t heard much in terms of recruiting. Being a sophomore, I understand I’m still early in my football journey. I look forward to future conversations and opportunities to speak with coaches.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“None at this time.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No, I have not. I’m excited for the chance to begin taking visits and looking into colleges.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“No, not at the moment.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I’ve always been a big fan of Penn State.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News