ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Episcopal Academy linebacker Dylan DiBeneditto

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Over the past month, we have been allowed to have practices on our fields and weightlifting in our weight room. Every chance I can get, I am on the field practicing with my teammates or lifting in the weight room.”

What are your goals for the season?
“A couple of my goals for this season are both team oriented and personally oriented. They are to win the Inter-AC championship for the second year in a row while also improving my performance everyday through hard work during every practice.”

What areas do you feel your team needs to improve on?
“A part of my game that I feel needs some improvement is my lateral and linear speed. During this quarantine, I have shaved off .15 seconds off of my 40-yard dash, with my most recent time at 4.8 seconds.”

Who is your opponent in the season opener and how do you feel about them overall?
“Our season opener is a road game against Georgetown Prep. We are not familiar with them, but we know that they had a good season last year, so we will prepare and practice at our best to make sure we start our season with the results we expect.”

How has Covid factored into your off-season workouts?
“The Covid-19 pandemic has allowed me to focus of my strengths and weaknesses as a player. I want to focus on solidifying my strengths while also to building up what I feel are the areas of my game I need to improve. The quarantine has also made me more excited to get onto a field and start playing football again.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“From our first couple of practices this summer, I believe that The Episcopal Academy football team will have similar success as last year. We have a lot of returning varsity players that have the experience needed for playing varsity football.”

Who do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“As a team, we are going into this season thinking that we can win or lose any game and by believing in that, we will prepare with effort needed to face every difficult opponent on our schedule.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against this fall
“Teams win football games, so as a team we are not worried about one individual winning a game for the opposing teams. All the teams that we are playing this year have multiple good football players that we will have to shut down as a team to win.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would like to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have had email conversations with Lehigh, Shippensburg, Kutztown, Muhlenberg, Franklin and Marshall, Williams College, Sacred Heart, Duquesne, and Millersville University.”

Do you have plans for game day trips this fall?
“As of right now, I have no plans on any game day visits with any of my target schools because of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“At the end of my junior year, I was invited to Monmouth University to see their game against Hampton and was planning on attending multiple Junior days prior to the college campuses shutting down.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News