ADVERTISEMENT

Prep and Winning

2020 - what you said!!!

I'm not sure where Lebo and Prep teams rank among all times greats, but its now 2x in 5 years that WPIAL Public school beat SJP. And those three years in between were perhaps best teams in PA history with McCord, Harrison, Trotter #1, etc.

Good job Lebo players, coaches and community!

Reactions: HSFB99
It's not much of a victory for the tri-state all stars to be beating on regular schools.
You know Hausman, you really have no idea what you are talking about. You HATE St. Joe Prep to the point that you're blinded, looking for anything that might stick to the wall. They have players from 4 states! They recruit D1 talent right out of grade school. They accept transfers in the first year of college eligibility. Their place kicker is from the Ukraine. They have a 10 million dollar war chest to pay players. Did I miss anything? You should work for FOX/CNN.

You know Hausman, you really have no idea what you are talking about. You HATE St. Joe Prep to the point that you're blinded, looking for anything that might stick to the wall. They have players from 4 states! They recruit D1 talent right out of grade school. They accept transfers in the first year of college eligibility. Their place kicker is from the Ukraine. They have a 10 million dollar war chest to pay players. Did I miss anything? You should work for FOX/CNN.
Paul: I don't want to get in the middle of all this and up to this point, I've stayed clear of it. Private schools do recruit players from the weight ball level going into or are already in middle school. That's a fact because one of my weight ball players was recruited by WC. It's been going on for along time. I personally was recruited by St James when I played back in the 60's, so it's nothing new to the football environment. Grade school, not that I'm aware of.

Paul: I don't want to get in the middle of all this and up to this point, I've stayed clear of it. Private schools do recruit players from the weight ball level going into or are already in middle school. That's a fact because one of my weight ball players was recruited by WC. It's been going on for along time. I personally was recruited by St James when I played back in the 60's, so it's nothing new to the football environment. Grade school, not that I'm aware of.
Shfoot, I know they recruit and I know it's been going on for a long time. But my point about grabbing kids from CYO ball is are we all sure that that one kid is a D1 player right out of 8th grade? Come on already?? You can grab all the kids you want out of 8th grade. Are you that great of a prognosticator to tell if he's D!, D2 or just the manager of the team?? You're talking about 13 year olds!!

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Shfoot, I know they recruit and I know it's been going on for a long time. But my point about grabbing kids from CYO ball is are we all sure that that one kid is a D1 player right out of 8th grade? Come on already?? You can grab all the kids you want out of 8th grade. Are you that great of a prognosticator to tell if he's D!, D2 or just the manager of the team?? You're talking about 13 year olds!!
Also half the kids grabbed end up playing a different position time they hit the field.

Paul:
I'm not talking about CYO ball, but Bert Bell. I know in my case, he was 8th grade. As far as a D1 prospect, I said nothing about that. It was Hausman. I agree, there's no way a coach can predict a player will be a D1 prospect at that age. His rough talent might be there for coaches to take them under their wings. I hope this will clarify where I stand on the subject.

Paul:
I'm not talking about CYO ball, but Bert Bell. I know in my case, he was 8th grade. As far as a D1 prospect, I said nothing about that. It was Hausman. I agree, there's no way a coach can predict a player will be a D1 prospect at that age. His rough talent might be there for coaches to take them under their wings. I hope this will clarify where I stand on the subject.
I'm assuming you mean the Bert Bell League here in Penna. I don't understand your comparison of CYO to Bert Bell.

I'm assuming you mean the Bert Bell League here in Penna. I don't understand your comparison of CYO to Bert Bell.
Paul: I'm not making a comparison of CYO to Bert Bell. I coached in Bert Bell PA. I don't know anything about CYO. All I know is catholic school coaches recruit Bert Bell players.

Paul: I'm not making a comparison of CYO to Bert Bell. I coached in Bert Bell PA. I don't know anything about CYO. All I know is catholic school coaches recruit Bert Bell players.
Now I understand. But it's the same thing. They recruit CYO, Bert Bell, Pop Warner and all of them. No argument. But that brings us back to what I said earlier. You can take as many 8th graders as you want. From anywhere in the state. Hausmann made it sound as though these 8th graders are all pure born studs that are can't miss. That St. Joe's is just "plug and play"!! Smart kids buying into a program of good coaches might have something to do with it.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Now I understand. But it's the same thing. They recruit CYO, Bert Bell, Pop Warner and all of them. No argument. But that brings us back to what I said earlier. You can take as many 8th graders as you want. From anywhere in the state. Hausmann made it sound as though these 8th graders are all pure born studs that are can't miss. That St. Joe's is just "plug and play"!! Smart kids buying into a program of good coaches might have something to do with it.
We're on the same page

Reactions: paul from philly
By the way, were you a good coach?? Be honest!!!

Last edited:
Rose Tree Colts 120A team 2005 champs. You can look it up on Bert Bell site. All coaches were fathers. This same group had 8 haven players who won the 2010 D1 title in what was 3A. It was always a join effect among the coaches and we always worked together to achieve the players goals they set. No egos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT