ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury

moscowtopatton

Apr 18, 2014
The boys from the Prep are a little better than likes of Frankford, North and South. This is awesome!!! Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Nice season PHS. It's tough when you go up against an all-star team as NHS found out last season.

I would think SJP would jump ahead of PHS in the USA Today Poll this week. PR was the only PA school in any class ahead of them.

Is the Prep an all star team? Is Wood? Is LaSalle? Or is it whichever one is successful. Stop making excuses. I watched the Neshaminy game last year & Pennsbury this year and I see over-rated football teams. Both games the District 1 teams fumbled the ball often and I never saw so many missed tackles due to not wrapping properly. Do your coaches teach tackling---- are there drills. Also both District 1 teams have a boring predictable offense--- any decent defense shuts that one dimensional crap down. So u can whine about "all-star" teams & console yourself with that notion but I feel the coaching at Prep, Wood & LaSalle are light years ahead of Nesh, Pennsbury, N. Penn etc. and they coach good fundamental discipline like good solid tackling, not turning the ball over consistently and they have created offensive schemes that take true advantage of whatever talent is there So quit whining and get some creative and fundamental coaching

I agree with you about D1 teams. D11 can at least compete. I also agree with you that LaSalle does not recruit.

Anytime you have a team without borders you have the opportunity for an all-star team, so to answer your question ...yes, yes and yes.

We've been through all of this already, so there's no use re-hashing it. When you draw kids from 18 different school districts you're an all-star team or should be.

Fumbles, missed tackles, overweight sloppy looking lineman, poorly designed stubborn offenses . Until u straighten that stuff out u will be whining over & over and over. Sorry skippy.

You have to play with what walks through your doors .... unless you're SJP, Wood, LaSalle. Then if you need a lineman from NJ you put in a call.

Enjoy 5A with a 2 week playoff system in about five years!

When did Pennsbury's QB walk through the doors. U guys need better coaching

I never said u were a Pennsbury guy. I assume u r a fan of Neshaminy who also showed up extremely poor for a big game last year

Wasn't that a TD game until late in the 4th last year?

Last year you probably said that fumble was an amazing strip by a great athlete. This year you're calling the same play sloppy football? Which is it?

Good God I am talking about consistent sloppy ball handling---- not just 1 play. Many fumbles, many missed makable tackles and what appears to be linemen who will be sucking air in the 2nd half & bad offenses, etc.

You must be talking about this year because other than one play last year's game was pretty much error free. When a D1 football recruit runs over a kid that will never play beyond high school, is that a sloppy, non-fundamental play or is that a better athlete making a play? Why do you have to put down the public school kids every chance you get?

And even on that Reid-Lord play as one of your alum pointed out that too was a great player making a great play.

I know. But I really think u should get over that painful loss. I know it hurts but u must get past it.

As I stated last week and in the past.

1. Wing T teams will never win a state championship again.

2. Pennsbury has the kids to compete against anyone, not the coaching. They should have not played this week but Coatesville's coaches were awful last week. Pennsbury has kids, not the coaches or scheme. No excuses.

Awful!

I agree wit 90% of what you say
Offensively PB matched up with anyone in the
State as far as player talent. What PB needed
Was a way to use that talent or get that talent
On field at same time.
Wing-t almost got them there. More so
Than I formation

PB was running 2 offensive formations
In playoffs.
Wing-t
I formation
Some Double wing

Although I agree with most of your post.
PB was way better in the Wing.
Idk what was going on (injuries?)
That forced Snyder to switch to I during playoffs
But in Wing he essential had his 3 best
Offensive players on field at same time
34/20/22

Just imagine if PB had a modern coach
Who could utilize all that talent at same time?

Maybe a zone read?
Even a simple offense like Triple option?
Spread the Defense out. Have your best
Rb's on field same time
PB was stacked offensively this year.
They mite not ever have that much talent
On same team again.

Defense
That was a different story
Very small

But on offense. It's time to catch up
With rest of football world

Just one man's opinion

Pennsbury D is extremely undersized to compete

2 LB's - 5'11" 180 and 5'10" 160 - Really LB's
More like small DB's

How can players this small play LB and if so, how can anyone fan expect
them to go anywhere?

I'm surprised they got as far as they did.

The offense really needs actual offensive plays - They can't run over people like Wood!

I didn't say anything about the size of anyone. I said:

Pennsbury has the kids year in and year out to compete against anyone. Yes, anyone.

They do NOT have a chance to win because of the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT