ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State

Little Guy, I give you credit you are the patron saint of hopeless causes. Can't count how many years I have heard that Temple would upset PSU~~~~~~ unfortunately then they play the game.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
in all honesty, Oregon's Swag is as much tradition anymore as Penn St has with their uniforms. PSU has great uni's, but don't act as if Oregon's are terrible. P.S. Oregon anyday just like Bluehen_billk stated

They won't want their names on the jersey's after September 5th

littleguy,
Hope your boy is doing well at Owl Country, like to see him get his shot at the helm, always thought he was gutsy and a gamer in high school. Lets face facts, there's been some promising times and a few close games but Temple hasn't beat PSU since Paterno was matriculating at Brown, perhaps before!! Keep the faith..

Reactions: littleguyscoach
@chuvalo

I've been a PSU fan my whole life but switched allegiance due to obvious reasons . Temple has 10 starters coming back on a defense that was top 5 in the country and with 8 months to prepare this is the best chance they have ever had of getting it done I am just not so sure about the offense. But bringing in a QB coach from the nfl and a wr coach that played in the nfl we should be better much better.

@ yes man

Thanks it has been an uphill battle but it looks like Tim will be one play away from finally getting his chance to play at the d-1 level , not too shabby for a walkon kid from Frankford

I'll admit that I wasn't paying attention, but Temple had a top 5 defense in America last year? Is that what I just read?

I'll admit that I wasn't paying attention, but Temple had a top 5 defense in America last year? Is that what I just read?

Huck,
Give Coach a break, he's a proud Papa!!

Top 5, Top 50, Top 150........ it's the new Math..

LGC,

I too would love to see your boy get a shot for as far as he has come. I remember while he was in his Frosh year at Temple he handled the water duties for Frankford's game against Downingtown East. Temple I believe had a bye that week.

True team player in every sense of the word.

Reactions: littleguyscoach
The place disgust me! Why can't they frickin move on? The change in having the names was to show the world that PSU is progressive and will not be plagued by the old farts of past mafios laden institutional secrecy. So I guess taking the names off is an ode to the Paterno atrocities...yes, he's guilty by open permission in allowing that rat Sandusky to violate those kids. To hell with them!

The place disgust me! Why can't they frickin move on? The change in having the names was to show the world that PSU is progressive and will not be plagued by the old farts of past mafios laden institutional secrecy. So I guess taking the names off is an ode to the Paterno atrocities...yes, he's guilty by open permission in allowing that rat Sandusky to violate those kids. To hell with them!
So, taking the names off is a direct "ode" to the Paterno atrocities? Could it be that it's more of a team-oriented thing, that no one person is more important than the team? Don't other college football teams such as USC and Notre Dame do this too? I'd hate to live in your world of logic.

I think most of us feel it's something like that njfan47. We play (played) for something greater than ourselves, and who cares what their names are? We know what "their" names is, it's Penn State!

Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Boston College, Alabama, Army, Navy, etc, don't have names on their jerseys or make them an open canvas of a joke like Maryland, Oregon, et al. State's basic blue and whites which are really sharp looking up close are something special, like Yankee pinstripes.

To each his own but I don't get the logic either where Owl suggests a name on the back of a jersey connotes progress that somehow rights a horrific wrong?

LGC,

I too would love to see your boy get a shot for as far as he has come. I remember while he was in his Frosh year at Temple he handled the water duties for Frankford's game against Downingtown East. Temple I believe had a bye that week.

True team player in every sense of the word.
Yea I remember that game , he didn't travel his freshmen year so he was at a lot of their games as the waterboy , Ed Morrone of the Northeast Times actually wrote an article about it after they won the Public League championship

Little Guy, I give you credit you are the patron saint of hopeless causes. Can't count how many years I have heard that Temple would upset PSU~~~~~~ unfortunately then they play the game.
I wasn't a temple fan back then chuvalo

ADVERTISEMENT