ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Hollidaysburg offensive tackle Hunter Albright
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“It has gone pretty [well].”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I am very pleased with how I’ve played.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We've played well but we just haven't been able to put anything together.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Probably communication and just fine tuning the little things.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Having a very strong upcoming offseason.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Manheim Township running back Declan Clancy
“The season has been going well so far. We lost two tough games, could’ve gone either way. I think we’ve responded well as a team. That’s always encouraging. We need to attack every opportunity we have to get better. Every game is the biggest game of the year, and we must prepare with that in mind.”

“I’d say pleased but never satisfied. I know the team and I have a lot we want to prove yet this season. We need to continue to grow and take steps forward every day towards our goals.”

“The team has played well overall so far. We’ve had our moments where we’ve shined, and we have taken our bumps here and there as well. Early on, I think we were a young team, but now I can see we’re coming together. I feel we’ve found our identity as a team.”

“Consistency and finish. Just continuing to sharpen and build upon what has made us successful. In terms of finishing, we need to play four full quarters of Manheim Township football.”

“We need to continue to take pride in doing the little things right. We can’t become complacent. And like I mentioned earlier, we need to be consistent and finish everything we do.”

Q&A with Fort Cherry quarterback Matt Sieg
“The season has been going great so far this year. There’s been some ups and downs and I'm still learning a lot. It’s been fun and we’ve put ourselves in a great position to make the postseason.”

“Overall, it’s been amazing accomplishing some goals that I’ve had since I was a kid with my friends that I’ve been playing with since we were 7.”

“I feel that the team plays well together, works hard week in and week out, and just works on improving every week. My offensive line has done a great job of opening holes up, protection, and simply making the offense move. My receivers and running backs have been working hard and it’s showing also.”

“Overall, we are a very young team so just becoming more consistent is what we can improve on.”

“Staying healthy will be a big thing as we continue getting deeper into the season.”

Q&A with Sto-Rox quarterback Josh Jenkins
“The season has been going well, we are getting better every week.”

“This isn’t really about me, I just want to win!”

“They’ve been playing well but I know we can be better.”

“Attention to detail.”

“Staying disciplined and playing our game.”

Q&A with York Catholic quarterback LeVan McFadden
“The season was going good, I was hoping we had another undefeated season this year but things didn't go the way we wanted them to. I think a lot of adversity played into our team this year and we struggled. We managed to fight through it to the end and finish on an even record.”

“I am very pleased with how I played this year. I had an opportunity to show my athleticism playing multiple positions. I played through different injuries all year, but I know my team needed me. I know I left everything out there, but I still feel like I could’ve done more.”

“I feel my team came into the season with a goal of wanting to dominate this year. The morale of the team seemed to change when we lost the first couple of games. When things didn’t go our way, we resorted to switching everything. This was not a good decision in my eyes, but I guess we had to find something that worked.”

“Yes, I feel my team can improve, it ultimately starts at practice. For me the game is the show. We put the work in during the week and put it out for display on Friday nights. Our practices during the week were never really the best, many of our guys probably didn’t want to play the way our season was going.”

“If they want to continue to do well, they must find a reason to be out there other than winning championships. The want to win is good, but when you aren’t, you cannot just give up and I think that’s something our coaching staff and players lacked.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News