ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Pen Argyl wide receiver Damian Tyminski
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“I think the football season has been going well so far, our team has been working all summer and have improved drastically, we are just trying to work through some of those little bumps and tough spots in the way but we are a good football team.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“No, I like to keep the mindset of never being pleased or satisfied. I love to share the moments of success with my teammates and coaches on the field but at the end of the day when I go home there’s always more to be done, if there wasn’t I would have every offer in the world right now.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I think my team has played ok this season. Right now our record is 1-1 and I say we played ok so far this season because everyone on this team and staff knows the capability of our team this year. We are just scratching the surface of that, and cannot wait to fully let loose and breakout this year.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“I don’t have anything specific our team can improve on, I’m not Coach, I'm just a player and my job is not to critique my teammates, or my own team, I’m just here to perform and do my job at the best and in the best way I can possibly do it.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“One of the main keys for my team going forward is just being consistent. I think we have a lot of talent and heart on this team. We know what we are capable of achieving. We just have to continue to work and improve every day. Consistency is what I would say.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Carlisle defensive back Eli Hargrove
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have not been able to participate because of [an] injury.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Footwork, creating separation, and my ability to make catches no matter where the ball is placed.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“Great, coming off a playoff appearance.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Harrisburg week 4 and CV.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Kyle Williams.”

Q&A with Greensburg-Salem offensive lineman Christian McChesney
“The season has been alright; we had a lot of adversity to overcome and we have.”

“I've been pleased with my game so far this year, but I still have aspects of my technique to improve on.”

“Our team has played well but I feel we can play better. We have guys that haven't played in positions they play now and some others who haven't played in a varsity game ever. As the season goes on we will get even better.”

“I think our team can improve on tackling, we can also improve on alignment and run blocking.”

“The key for our team moving forward is staying together and practicing harder to improve and overcome adversity.”

Q&A with Manheim Township running back Nick Good
“I feel as if we are growing as a team and as individuals, all working at our craft and putting the pieces together. We started the season out with a tough loss but my team just grew from it and bounced back in week 2 and beat Dallastown 40-0.”

“No, I'm just getting started.”

“I feel as if we are putting the pieces together and playing as a team. We all are pretty young and have a lot of room for growth.”

“Playing til the very last whistle.”

“Playing as the brotherhood we are.”

Q&A with Northern Lehigh quarterback Nick Frame
“Our football team is currently 2-0, we are a strong defensive team with a developing offense.”

“I’m more than pleased with how we’ve been playing since we just beat our cross-town rivals Northwestern for the first time in 6 years.”

“I feel we’ve played shaky our first half in our first game, but since after that half we’ve played very well.”

“I think we need to improve on our ball exchanges and picking up blitzes.”

“We have to continue to play as a team and come out every game like it’s a championship game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News