ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Kennedy Catholic safety Blaze Campbell
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Overall our team performance was far below what I wanted but personally I feel my performance was pretty good. I feel like I excelled in the areas I hoped to going into the season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“As of right now I’m planning on finishing this basketball season then increasing my football workouts to twice a day.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel we will do much better next season I feel we should have no more than 3 losses and should make a playoff run if all goes as planned.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel Reynolds will be the toughest team we play this season.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I personally feel Jaylen Wagner will be the toughest player we face as he’s coming off a 2k rushing yard junior season.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Exeter Township offensive tackle Anthony Caccese
“Overall it went great! We had one of, if not the best season in the school history. We lost in a state semi-final to the State Champions Penn Trafford, but had an amazing season.”

“I’ve been debating playing travel basketball. Either way I’ll be full time in the gym, sometimes twice a day.”

“I think we can come back with the exact same mind set and have an even better season this upcoming year. We should have an expectation to be at this level every year.”

“It will most likely be the same teams that that gave us good a good competition last year. I think Governor Mifflin and maybe Manheim Central will be our toughest opponents.”

“I don’t know many individuals from a lot of these schools but I know Manheim Central has some really good individuals.”

Q&A with Lakeview offensive tackle Brendan Malone
‘This high school season didn't go as we expected with only going 3-7 but it showed a lot of potential for next season. We got hot at the end of the year averaging 300 rushing yards the last two games.”

“My plan with sports is do different sports to help with certain things. I do basketball for footwork and track for more strength and agility and after track is over, I lift until season is in full swing.”

“With our team being moved to a different region we have really high hopes next season we expect to go and win a region title along with winning the D-10 title, that is our goal. With it being my senior season I will do anything possible to make that happen.”

“I honestly think Cambridge Springs will be the toughest, they have been on the uprise since my sophomore year. They don't have the biggest guys but they are strong offensively and hold their ground.”

“I don't have a specific player that will be the toughest but whoever our coach says we need to stop, our team will do everything we can to do so.”

Q&A with Twin Valley quarterback Evan Myers
“Overall it went good, [we] made districts [for] the first time in school history.”

“Continue to get better every season.”

“We are graduating seniors that played important roles, but I feel we have a group of kids ready to step up and fill whatever role is needed to fill.”

“With the new league change out of Berks each team looks good, [we’ll] have to take it week by week.”

“We will be playing a good group of competition with some good overall players each week, including some very talented QBs on that schedule.”

Q&A with West Branch running back Wyatt Schwiderske
“Overall as a team it didn’t go the way we had hoped. We gained some knowledge and experience that we’ll be able to use for the upcoming season.”

“I’m in the gym lifting five days a week. Also working on speed and agility for football. I’m also thinking about doing track in the spring.”

“We’re losing six seniors from last season but we have some people to step up and fill those gaps. We’re willing to work hard in hopes to have a successful season.”

“Bellwood-Antis for sure is one of the tougher teams on our schedule.”

“Zeke Dubler from Glendale is up there. Based on last season I think his senior year should be a good one.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News