ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy?

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
What are the Skins looking like this year? Can't ever call a Neshaminy team a surprise but they sure have a lot of bodies back with probably an equal dose of attitude to go with it! Roll Tribe ?

The Tribe is set to "roll" on back to the melencholy mediocrity of the post split mid 70´s, Stalk....meandering about meaningnessly trying to mimick their menacing neighbors directly to the east. A murky future, indeed....sad, sad.

Still 17-inch arms....still blonde/blue! Still got the Iron Claw!! Still can run a 4.9 forty.....bring these Creeksters on.....

Stalk -

Coach Wilmot is fleshing out his staff and has a couple of former players (who played ball in college) back to assist on the field. He already had Neil French and Jay Weidenbaugh (both long time Schmidt guys along with Wilmot) with hom. I believe Keith Ennis went with Schmidt to Imhotep but a few more of the familiar faces are set to be back as I understand it. Good continuity. And I remind all that Wilmot is cut from the Schmidt mold having played for or coached with him since Lock Haven in the early '90s.

They'll be running "The Pistol" with Mason Jones (jr) back as the QB (he started last season as a soph and played plenty as a frosh). He's a solid 6-1, 180. His wideouts will be Zach Tredway (jr), Denzel Hughes (jr) and Jack Spingler (sr). They were all were starters last year so they'll be throwing plenty.

The single upback/RB will be Will Dogba who will be a junior. Think Bryan Dean and Pollard. He's taken plenty of snaps behind Pollard the last two years and is quick and good (I've been watching him since he was a freshmen in 2013 and I like him).

The offensive line will feature Hunter Kelly (sr) at tackle. He has started the last two years (I think he'll be in that 6-3 plus, 280 range) and he's getting looks (he's into it - believe me). Then Bill Ritchey (sr) at 6-3, 240 ("The Beast") will be TE and started last year (and played plenty as a soph behind Carrezola at TE and DE). Parker Minotti (sr) at 6-3, 240 returns as another who started last year as did Harmon Yalarti (sr) at 6-2, 250 (guard and/or tackle).

They have almost the whole offense back and the other line spots will be filled by guys who got time in 2014. Watch for a wide open approach and with scoring. And Dylan McDonald (jr) was a solid K and extra point/FG man who was accurate. With another year under his belt he should be solid and give them a good field goal presence. Punter graduated.

Defense sees a fair amount return across the line but both line backers are gone as are most of the DBs. That will be the area where we'll see new faces.

I hear there is strong enthusiasm as Wilmot represents "old school" so they'll be much more solid than last year for any number of reasons.

And I also see that Blitz continues to play the fool as he falls back upon using his hackneyed, unoriginal and played out comments. The negative and unsupported comments about Pennsbury's next-door-neighbors exposes the insecurities that plague him and only serve to draw attention to that well-identified problem (I long ago stopped reading or concerning myself with his scribbling as it does nothing but evoke a sense of pity).

Last edited:
"There´s no exception to the rule, everybody plays the fool..." But some people (me, in particular) play it better than others! And, to quote Mr. T.: "I pity the fool!"

Scheezus....""Well-identified Plague!" Sounds serious...does penacillin cure it?

Lighten up, Counsellor.....

My early favorite to win the league, just like every other year. I have a few more years of cheering on the Skins when they play the Whippets; might have to head to Heartbreak Ridge for that one.

Thanks for the info PA2CAMoleSkinner! As always the SOL-N looks interesting and like one of the top conferences in the state....along with the Northern-8 and the Mid Penn Commonwealth. Couldn't go home this weekend without mentioning them but seriously, those 3 look like the major "Power Conferences" (not dissing any teams, just talking conferences) again this year. But as always, they'll sort it out on the field to our pleasure.

Thanks for the info PA2CAMoleSkinner! As always the SOL-N looks interesting and like one of the top conferences in the state....along with the Northern-8 and the Mid Penn Commonwealth. Couldn't go home this weekend without mentioning them but seriously, those 3 look like the major "Power Conferences" (not dissing any teams, just talking conferences) again this year. But as always, they'll sort it out on the field to our pleasure.
Since you folks are talking about District 1 ,how do you think North Penn will fair this year vs.Neshaminy,.Pennsbury ,coatsville and the Downingtowns? I had the opportunity to see North Penn play a couple times last year and know they return a solid running back and fullback and they always have very big lines.

My early favorite to win the league, just like every other year. I have a few more years of cheering on the Skins when they play the Whippets; might have to head to Heartbreak Ridge for that one.
For you Neshaminy and Pennsbury fans ,I attended the Penn State coaches caravan in Langhorne and when Franklin was entertaining questions from the audience he was asked when he was in high school at Neshaminy,how many times did you beat Pennsbury ? his reply "not too many" I really hate those guys said in jest of course. It got a good laugh from the audience which had quite a few lower bucks people in attendance..

Reactions: blitzkrieg64
Neshaminy was a "big deal" for us....but more like the "pestering" little brother than anything else. We were more concerned with Beth., Allentown & Easton.....

Herr Traney changed that a bit in 1971....he was a great player, made a great short run for the touchdown there, over our two (underclassemen players), but that doesn´t alter history. We were better than them, always will be....Hail to the Falcons!

Herr Traney changed that a bit in 1971....he was a great player, made a great short run for the touchdown there, over our two (underclassemen players), but that doesn´t alter history. We were better than them, always will be....Hail to the Falcons!
Blitz, knew you would appreciate that.

In 1974 - Blitz' "great team" - Pennsbury's record against Neshaminy for the period from 1950 through 1973, was 8-14-2 (I'll call that the modern era). If you take it back to the first game the two schools played in 1930, it was 11-23-5.

I can't help but chuckle as I think that it might have served the Falcons a bit more had they not focused so much on the "upstate" teams.

Anyway, the point is Blitz exaggerates everything (from the size and weight of players to the records of teams). Thus, the reason I don't read his meandering and meaningless (trite comes to mind) posts as they aren't grounded in reality (at times they are so far off the mark a young school girl with no knowledge of the sport could spot the lack of credibility based on the statistics she studied in her 6th grade advanced math class).

By 60 years of age you find that truth is indeed important and if you haven't you take the other approach to inflate your status (you should have seen the one that got away).

I will say, though, Pennsbury has had many great teams and eras - that is a fact. And currently the record between the schools is 40-33-7 in Pennsbury's favor (that is a fact).

Was not my intention to start a Big Fight here....Jaysus..."ups & downs," we´ve both had em....still, vs. me and Tony "The Tank" Soriero in 74 you wouldn´t have scored that TD!

North Penn was a an enigma last year losing to CB South 28-27, getting crushed by LaSalle 29-7, Wood 42-7 and Henderson 40-13 (?)..(fortunate beating Neshaminy 17-13 scoring in final moments and West Catholic in ot) yet upsetting Pennsbury 24-21. That, with a veteran-senior offensive line........tackles Frank Tranzilli (6-2, 275) and Andrew Thomas (6-2, 245), guards Nick Argento (6-2, 290) and Ryan Nowicki (6-0, 250), tight end Colby Beck (6-2, 210) and a fine back in Nyfease West. But they made a ton of miscues throughout the season and were breaking in Jake Bevan under center (Spencer Jones vs Henderson).
All the backfield returns including QBs Bevan/Jones, West along with RBs Nick Isabella and Justin Ostopowicz. Looking at the margins of last year's losses and it being North Penn, they'll likely have a line at least as good as last years as the season develops and a jump start of sorts with all that backfield returning. Ton of good athletes as always. We'll know early opening with LaSalle, West Cath, D-town East and Pennridge.

I'll take the hand that Coach Wilmont has been dealt with. He has more then a pair of deuces.
Go 'Skins!

Amen 71SKINS. I think Coach has more than a pair too (strange as that sounds!?) and if the truth be told, you guys have a "full house". SOL-Nat looks interesting, particularly you guys and North Penn maybe Abington. Anyway, working on two projects; Eastern Top 20 and a 2014 review of basic stuff like Points For-Against, W/L, schedule issues, etc....compared to previous years. Early and all, maybe too early but have Skins at 5, behind Park, SJP, Coates and NP.
Ok, out of here....heading for the mountains and Blue Ridge a week late. Too many civilians there last weekend. Ha!

Hail to the Falcons, loyal and true
Hail Alma Matre,
We will win for you.....

Had a great voice back then, still do......

Stalk

Early QUAD A Top 10 in the East:

SJP
PARKLAND
COATESVILLE
LASALLE
NESHAMINY
NORTH PENN
PENNSBURY
EASTON
WC Rustin or Henderson or D-town West or East for last 2 spots...

Reactions: lilromeo
Stalk

Early QUAD A Top 10 in the East:

SJP
PARKLAND
COATESVILLE
LASALLE
NESHAMINY
NORTH PENN
PENNSBURY
EASTON
WC Rustin or Henderson or D-town West or East for last 2 spots...
Your top 8 look very solid in that order also, brilliant !!!

ADVERTISEMENT