ADVERTISEMENT

Mornhinweg to transfer to Columbia

He is a pro style qb if that he had an opportunity to play at a lot of colleges as a safety people don't realize college is gonna put you where they think you will make money in the future

Actually, colleges will put you where they think you best serve the program. Regardless, if Sundays are in your future. Competitive, very good HS football player. Doing well at FLA and in SEC or any other D-1 school as a QB was always a longshot. Let's just call it what it is.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
He is a pro style qb if that he had an opportunity to play at a lot of colleges as a safety people don't realize college is gonna put you where they think you will make money in the future
Mac tatty, you might be the most uninformed poster on this board and that's saying a lot.

I'd like to know exactly who offered him during his St. Joe days. If he chose to go to Florida when an Ivy League school would have wanted him, then I think he and his father blew it with that decision. He could have gotten an undoubtedly better education and probably become a sports legend in the process at Columbia say, instead of riding the bench at a very mediocre academic school.

when your daddy is an OC in the league, i dont think you're looking for the education aspect as much as the "getting ready for the pro's" aspect. Columbia has been down for years, him at quarterback will not help. It is obvious that Bagnoli had a lot to do with it.

If his father thought he was pro material, he had a screw loose. I don't care that the Ivy League school was down, you're going for the education, not the NFL in his situation.

Making a college choice when you have multiple suitors is difficult for anyone. He clearly thought he was going to be able to compete at the highest level of Division 1. And he had a shot. It just didn't work out. You can't bash anyone for their original decision. The kid wants to play, so he is transferring to a school where he can do it without sitting out a year, and in a program where he'll walk away with a great education. Best of luck to him.

Making a college choice when you have multiple suitors is difficult for anyone. He clearly thought he was going to be able to compete at the highest level of Division 1. And he had a shot. It just didn't work out. You can't bash anyone for their original decision. The kid wants to play, so he is transferring to a school where he can do it without sitting out a year, and in a program where he'll walk away with a great education. Best of luck to him.
I think you did a nice job of summarizing the situation and I totally concur. I saw him play twice during his senior year at the prep and thought he was definitely D-1 material and was hoping he would have chosen Penn State. I hope he does well at Columbia.

Reactions: nextlevelqbs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT