ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Carey leaving Wood

I apologize if I'm late to this information. But Imhoptep will have Mark Schimdt coaching the offensive line and the defense. And Brett Gordon will be coaching the QB's and running the offense. WOW! Those are some interesting additions to an already strong program. With Carey out at Wood for the year. I'd have to lean towards Imhotep as the favorite in D12 and beyond.

I know this was debated back and forth, but it appears Mike Carey is not coaching for at least this year.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/rick-obrien/303219792.html
I apologize if I'm late to this information. But Imhoptep will have Mark Schimdt coaching the offensive line and the defense. And Brett Gordon will be coaching the QB's and running the offense. WOW! Those are some interesting additions to an already strong program. With Carey out at Wood for the year. I'd have to lean towards Imhotep as the favorite in D12 and beyond.[/QUOTE
I didn't hear that Gordon went to Imhotep! This creates a formidable staff and in high school football the coaching staff sure makes a difference. Wood brings back some good players but Carey was the glue to this team. Can't wait till football season. Went on the Wood web site yesterday and their schedule is still not up. Anyone know who they are playing non league ?

I would have to think that Carey may possibly be considering a head coach position somewhere. Didn't he interview a while back for the O'Hara job?

The more I had a chance to think about Gordon and Schmidt going to Imhotep the more I think it makes sense. They would be a perfect compliment to Crosby and both have rather short rides to practice down Germantown Pike.

Is Pennsbury at all a possible landing spot for Carey?

Gordon to Imhotep. Ok, I'll play along......will you bet your life on that statement?

I would have to think that Carey may possibly be considering a head coach position somewhere. Didn't he interview a while back for the O'Hara job?

The more I had a chance to think about Gordon and Schmidt going to Imhotep the more I think it makes sense. They would be a perfect compliment to Crosby and both have rather short rides to practice down Germantown Pike.

Is Pennsbury at all a possible landing spot for Carey?
Kit, Carey has no head coaching aspirations. As for landing at PB...not a chance.

Gordon to Imhotep. Ok, I'll play along......will you bet your life on that statement?

I talked to Albie a few weeks ago and he expressed this was a real possibility. Brett is definitely interested. I believe he has to remain flexible, tho. His work could be changing during the next 90 days or so. It's possible that he might have to drop everything, but was willing to go month to month in helping out.

Just an opinion but Carey will become the head coach at wood and devlin is gonna get a position job at penn state....just an opinion

"I expect to return to Wood, but being a head coach at the right school still intrigues me," the 60-year-old said. "The program would have to have all the prerequisities that I consider essential to be successful."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/303219792.html#CVcuRcEUVO9xEWVJ.99
The 2000 season left a bitter taste. Mike will not head coach again. Anytime he's asked, there are always caveats, like the article you cited. Besides, he's been the de facto head coach at AW since he got there. Have you ever watched their pre-game routine?

I talked to Albie a few weeks ago and he expressed this was a real possibility. Brett is definitely interested. I believe he has to remain flexible, tho. His work could be changing during the next 90 days or so. It's possible that he might have to drop everything, but was willing to go month to month in helping out.

That's interesting Huck..

If his time has become flexible, I wonder if Brett was aware that John Steinmetz could have used some OC help at his alma mater??......or have things soured that much with LS Adm. or whatever the JS-DG issue was that Brett wouldn't even entertain the thought? Either way, sad state..

My understanding is that the OC position has been filled at LS, I believe JS made a fine choice of the prospective candidates. That being said, there's no "replacing" BG.

Other key prior coaches have returned to the stable, we'll see has it works out. Fact is with no 'Salary cap' in place for PCL 4A, we're all playing for 2nd place, maybe???

Yesman, I do t know the inner workings of LS and how the Gordon's left things, but there seems to be a lot of between the lines reading here.

BG will be consulting at Imhoptep next year. The full capacity of his involvement has not been determined but they will be running his offense and he will be very involved. Yes, I would bet my life on that.
There are a lot of questions about LS's choice in OC. Many rumors flying about him being fired from Epsicopal and having off the field concerns. Also a few concerns about the lack of referenc checking as many people in the coaching community knew he was let go from Espiscopal.
As I've said before LS is in a sad state and the fact that BG is coaching somewhere else falls squarely on the shoulders of the LS administration. When you don't reach out to the most influential person in your program over the last 20 yrs, (and arguably ever) who is on the current staff, about who the next head coach should be this is what happens. All those dummies that said he didn't want to coach anymore were wrong. He didn't want to coach at LS and based on the administrations lack of anything towards him I don't blame him. The worst part is when they win 4 games next year they won't care about that either.

Just an opinion but Carey will become the head coach at wood and devlin is gonna get a position job at penn state....just an opinion
Franklin would never hire Devlin, he's all about perception. He's not about midget coaches that wear 6x cargo shorts and can't ride the big boy rides at six flags.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Didn't take long for the board to heat back up did it. Just to go on the record, I don't believe it is arguable, BG is one of the two most influential players ever to play at LS in modern age. Unfortunate that things went the way they did, but it happens all the time with institutions.

Didn't take long for the board to heat back up did it. Just to go on the record, I don't believe it is arguable, BG is one of the two most influential players ever to play at LS in modern age. Unfortunate that things went the way they did, but it happens all the time with institutions.
Brett was an incredible talent both as a player and a coach. I for one ,wishes he would join his father again dad will need all the help he can muster to help McDevitt become respectable.

Well, they called O.J. "The Juice." But the "juice" was really in Doylestown, fer many a year.....could they have beat us(Pennsbury) without anolbolicum? seriously doubt it....Frank Case was the last "clean" great player they had......

Blitz, still crying! True about Case, a natural, didn,t lift much either. West beat Pennsbury the same way everyone else beats them to this day, they play NEANDERTHAL football.

West 16 & 2

Reactions: blitzkrieg64
ADVERTISEMENT