ADVERTISEMENT

Michal Menet verbals to PSU

I'm no expert but folks who coach HS football have said this kid's footwork and hand technique are exceptionally advanced.

Franklin/PSU has really been addressing the OL in the 2014 (Beh, Sorrell, Wright, Brosnan), 2015 (Bates, Gonzalez, Jenkins, Palmer) and now 2016 (McGovern, Menet, Gellerstedt). It was a huge area of need for them. Now they need some DTs.

I have watched him since he started as a ninth grader. My son is a year behind him and one of his line mates at Exeter Township HS. Over the last 20 plus years I have coached HS, college, and pro indoor (IFL). Most recently I have either worked, or watched my son, on the camp/combine circuit. There is no doubt in my mind that Mike Menet has skills and abilities that you may only see once in a coaching career at the HS level. I was at his press conference on Friday and it was very well done. Yesterday our parent football boosters club held the first annual Berks County Youth Football Camp as part of All Star weekend at Exeter (HS under class combine Friday night and Berks All Star game today -Sunday). I coordinated the on the field activities for the youth campers. Mike spent his Saturday with us running a station for our 50 youth campers, the next generation of this sport we love, and to me that was truly impressive.

I have watched him since he started as a ninth grader. My son is a year behind him and one of his line mates at Exeter Township HS. Over the last 20 plus years I have coached HS, college, and pro indoor (IFL). Most recently I have either worked, or watched my son, on the camp/combine circuit. There is no doubt in my mind that Mike Menet has skills and abilities that you may only see once in a coaching career at the HS level. I was at his press conference on Friday and it was very well done. Yesterday our parent football boosters club held the first annual Berks County Youth Football Camp as part of All Star weekend at Exeter (HS under class combine Friday night and Berks All Star game today -Sunday). I coordinated the on the field activities for the youth campers. Mike spent his Saturday with us running a station for our 50 youth campers, the next generation of this sport we love, and to me that was truly impressive.
Thanks for the inside information on menet. He sounds like a super individual as well as a top rated football player. I am a penn State fan and Menet was certainly one of the top prospects Franklin wanted.In my opinion Penn State will have one of the best offensive lines in the country in a few years. Thanks again.

No problem. Definitely has the tools to play left tackle. He also does all the long snapping, dead on, and is us always down the field on punt coverage making plays. Brings a lot to the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT