ADVERTISEMENT

imhotep

I'm glad this isn't for athletic reasons, I would hate to see the PIAA get involved.

I'm glad this isn't for athletic reasons, I would hate to see the PIAA get involved.
That's not bad, lets see 1 from Neuman,1 from Wood and now 1 from Judge all this year. Do they have any positions left ?

Chill out where were all you guys when the pcl as a whole were taking all the pub kids to their schools, deal with it!

All u know is if they don't win state with this squad them coaches might as well forfeit there program

I hear the kid from wood lives outside the city. How does that happen with the public school system in disrepair. Does the state want to pay for suburban kids to attend city charter schools?

Good luck to the team and their new coaches including Neshaminy's former boss, Mark Schmidt, and if I'm not mistaken Keith Ennis, a member of the 'Skins 2001 state champs and all state wide receiver (I think he's down there too).

That would a big loss if true as Cruell was one of the more athletic kids coming back. Can anyone verify that ?

That would a big loss if true as Cruell was one of the more athletic kids coming back. Can anyone verify that ?
I AGREE, The kid started the last two years. I don't understand a player transferring his senior year . Something doesn't make sense on this none. Underclassman maybe ,but not seniors. WHY ????

It could be several things..... money ( as in tuition at Wood could be hard on his folks) , offers, and schedule.

I think Imhotep has a pretty good schedule and it's been a hot spot for players getting into some good schools. Rivals have the kid currently with one offer from Del State. Imhotep have sent far less talented kids to better (football) schools than Del state, so that could be it.

It could be several things..... money ( as in tuition at Wood could be hard on his folks) , offers, and schedule.

I think Imhotep has a pretty good schedule and it's been a hot spot for players getting into some good schools. Rivals have the kid currently with one offer from Del State. Imhotep have sent far less talented kids to better (football) schools than Del state, so that could be it.
RCH ,I obviously don't know why he elected to transfer. If it was a tuition issue I would think Wood would have offered some relief. Wood has quite a track record in the last 7 or so years of their players earning scholarships to various collegiate levels of play including many D-1 schools. Their QB and WR already have D-1 offers and Cruel I am sure will receive more offers if he would have stayed. This athlete played in big time state championship games already so I doubt that winning a championship was his motivation. I believe kids should attend whatever school they want within the rules,and m NOT suggesting this is a wrong doing. I just have a hard time understanding someone attending a school for 3 years and all that goes with it and playing for a highly successful program and then all of a sudden up and leave .

The rumor in school was that he was transferring during Xmas break, just 2 weeks after winning a State Championship and didn't go to the banquet. Coach got to him and he finished the school year.
The complaints have been from some players, that they are NOT getting the offers or enough offers as their TEP counterparts. (FACT)! Some think it is a sure thing to go to TEP and get a D1 offer...automatic! These coaches all over are really doing these kids an injustice. Some of these kids think they are good enough to go PRO now! It's sad! Some of these HS kids think it is automatic and a birth rite, just b/c you play football, you will be a D1 college and pro player. 2 kids at Wood didn't make it thru the clearinghouse and are going to Junior College. Maybe the offers aren't coming b/c the players just aren't that good......I've watched the LaSalle game vs Wood in person and several times on DVD.....and all I saw was #3 LaSalle total blow by #4 Wood like he was standing still for 4 TD's and 2 other KEY receptions #4 was confused and could not make a play all game.......Maybe the college coaches watched the same game film......Webb and Russo....The Real Deal and deserve the offers they've received. Some of these HS kids need to hit the books and get their grades and college boards up. I've seen parents more interested in spending money on getting jersey for the family with their names on the back to sit in the stands wearing, than getting SAT prep classes and tutors, to assure that their sons will get into college and possibly play football. It seems like this has really ticked up in the past 4-5 seasons! These coaches are promising 16 and 17 year old kids the world and after graduation, they have NO future if they don't catch on with a college football program. Like Devlin promising Garlick the world as a freshman and trying to keep Russo from transferring his Soph and Jr. season, b/c Devlin wanted to have his cake and eat it too. These kids are 16 & 17 and these slimy coaches will tell the player, their Mom and their Dad whatever they want to here. Sad, Really Sad!

Reactions: CYOBALL1
U know if Cardinal Dougherty had stayed open they would be powerhouse since have these studs are from that area

U know if Cardinal Dougherty had stayed open they would be powerhouse since have these studs are from that area
These kids are from the territory that used to go back and forth from Dougherty and McDevitt ,that being Mount Airy and oak lane. Now all that's left is McDevitt and those areas plus Germantown should be all McDevitt. I know several Roman players traveled from the neighborhood McDevitt resides in. McDevitt could use all the students and of course players to remain open and compete. Hopefully Gordans return will help the situation there and bring back those northwest Philly and Germantown kids.

The rumor in school was that he was transferring during Xmas break, just 2 weeks after winning a State Championship and didn't go to the banquet. Coach got to him and he finished the school year.
The complaints have been from some players, that they are NOT getting the offers or enough offers as their TEP counterparts. (FACT)! Some think it is a sure thing to go to TEP and get a D1 offer...automatic! These coaches all over are really doing these kids an injustice. Some of these kids think they are good enough to go PRO now! It's sad! Some of these HS kids think it is automatic and a birth rite, just b/c you play football, you will be a D1 college and pro player. 2 kids at Wood didn't make it thru the clearinghouse and are going to Junior College. Maybe the offers aren't coming b/c the players just aren't that good......I've watched the LaSalle game vs Wood in person and several times on DVD.....and all I saw was #3 LaSalle total blow by #4 Wood like he was standing still for 4 TD's and 2 other KEY receptions #4 was confused and could not make a play all game.......Maybe the college coaches watched the same game film......Webb and Russo....The Real Deal and deserve the offers they've received. Some of these HS kids need to hit the books and get their grades and college boards up. I've seen parents more interested in spending money on getting jersey for thefb family with their names on the back to sit in the stands wearing, than getting SAT prep classes and tutors, to assure that their sons will get into college and possibly play football. It seems like this has really ticked up in the past 4-5 seasons! These coaches are promising 16 and 17 year old kids the world and after graduation, they have NO future if they don't catch on with a college football program. Like Devlin promising Garlick the world as a freshman and trying to keep Russo from transferring his Soph and Jr. season, b/c Devlin wanted to have his cake and eat it too. These kids are 16 & 17 and these slimy coaches will tell the player, their Mom and their Dad whatever they want to here. Sad, Really Sad!
That # 3 you referred to from LaSalle was a first team all catholic/ all state player. Cmon man don't call coaches names and making inuendos about them . You seem very angry at everybody fbu82

The complaints have been from some players, that they are NOT getting the offers or enough offers as their TEP counterparts. (FACT)! Some think it is a sure thing to go to TEP and get a D1 offer...automatic! These coaches all over are really doing these kids an injustice. Some of these kids think they are good enough to go PRO now! It's sad! Some of these HS kids think it is automatic and a birth rite, just b/c you play football, you will be a D1 college and pro player. 2 kids at Wood didn't make it thru the clearinghouse and are going to Junior College. Maybe the offers aren't coming b/c the players just aren't that good......I've watched the LaSalle game vs Wood in person and several times on DVD.....and all I saw was #3 LaSalle total blow by #4 Wood like he was standing still for 4 TD's and 2 other KEY receptions #4 was confused and could not make a play all game.......Maybe the college coaches watched the same game film......Webb and Russo....The Real Deal and deserve the offers they've received. Some of these HS kids need to hit the books and get their grades and college boards up. I've seen parents more interested in spending money on getting jersey for the family with their names on the back to sit in the stands wearing, than getting SAT prep classes and tutors, to assure that their sons will get into college and possibly play football. It seems like this has really ticked up in the past 4-5 seasons! These coaches are promising 16 and 17 year old kids the world and after graduation, they have NO future if they don't catch on with a college football program. Like Devlin promising Garlick the world as a freshman and trying to keep Russo from transferring his Soph and Jr. season, b/c Devlin wanted to have his cake and eat it too. These kids are 16 & 17 and these slimy coaches will tell the player, their Mom and their Dad whatever they want to here. Sad, Really Sad!
Man you made me go back and look at that lasalle game. I would have that game burned.

That # 3 you referred to from LaSalle was a first team all catholic/ all state player. Cmon man don't call coaches names and making inuendos about them . You seem very angry at everybody fbu82
Hey romeo, shut your pie hole - you have diarrhea of the mouth you comment on every post like some home bound recluse. You can't handle the truth, tough! #4 looked like he was late catching a bus that whole game! (FACT) you don't like it tough, I'm not going to sugar coat ANYTHING! Angry - NOT A CHANCE! Tired of listening to dopes like you - Oh Hell Yes!

FBU82 stated The rumor in school was that he was transferring during Xmas break, just 2 weeks after winning a State Championship and didn't go to the banquet. Coach got to him and he finished the school year. What do you thing Devlin told him? Cant judge #4 on La Salle game

Hey romeo, shut your pie hole - you have diarrhea of the mouth you comment on every post like some home bound recluse. You can't handle the truth, tough! #4 looked like he was late catching a bus that whole game! (FACT) you don't like it tough, I'm not going to sugar coat ANYTHING! Angry - NOT A CHANCE! Tired of listening to dopes like you - Oh Hell Yes!
Oh man ,give it a rest.

Sorry, I forgot, colleges only give D1 scholarships to slow un accomplished receivers in HS.........or are most college receivers, all city and all state receivers coming out of HS...............Hmmmmmm! I have to think about that one! Dope!

Which is why a certain DB doesn't have the offers or amount of offers of other taller and better DB's, that's all! Stop regurgitating and repeating what you hear and have a clear intelligent thought all by yourself.

Not mad at everybody, just dopes that comment on everything and anything about every TEAM without ONE clue or shred of credible info, but bang it out on the key board like it's Gospel!

Yes, those people are the ones that I might be angry with or should I say pissed off at! Yeah, that's it.....pissed off at!

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot, colleges only give D1 scholarships to slow un accomplished receivers in HS.........or are most college receivers, all city and all state receivers coming out of HS...............Hmmmmmm! I have to think about that one! Dope!

Which is why a certain DB doesn't have the offers or amount of offers of other taller and better DB's, that's all! Stop regurgitating and repeating what you hear and have a clear intelligent thought all by yourself.

Not mad at everybody, just dopes that comment on everything and anything about every TEAM without ONE clue or shred of credible info, but bang it out on the key board like it's Gospel!

Yes, those people are the ones that I might be angry with or should I say pissed off at! Yeah, that's it.....pissed off at!
Im not defending the kid from wood,and the laSalle player received a D-1 offer to Duke for baseball. I am disabled with a incurable cancer and have time to post now. I do not want to offend you or anyone else with my posts. Maybe too many as you stated ,its just high school football is a love of mine. Lets let it be . I personally believe my

Reactions: Rick_Rude
Im not defending the kid from wood,and the laSalle player received a D-1 offer to Duke for baseball. I am disabled with a incurable cancer and have time to post now. I do not want to offend you or anyone else with my posts. Maybe too many as you stated ,its just high school football is a love of mine. Lets let it be . I personally believe my
If you don't know - then don't post it - I only post when people throw stuff up against the wall that is totally untrue and talk about it like it is Gospel! My point was if the DB was good he would have offers my LaSalle #3 point was, if he can't cover a HS receiver (got burnt for 4 TD's and 2 KEY receptions) how is he ever gonna cover a college receiver and Maybe the LaSalle Video is what college coaches are watching.Good Luck going forward .......

If you don't know - then don't post it - I only post when people throw stuff up against the wall that is totally untrue and talk about it like it is Gospel! My point was if the DB was good he would have offers my LaSalle #3 point was, if he can't cover a HS receiver (got burnt for 4 TD's and 2 KEY receptions) how is he ever gonna cover a college receiver and Maybe the LaSalle Video is what college coaches are watching.Good Luck going forward .......
Thank you,and I will make a point of toning it down.Hope we have a great season ahead.

Thank you,and I will make a point of toning it down.Hope we have a great season ahead.
Straight Up - You don't have to tone it down or certainly NOT apologize, this is a GUYS forum. It's the dead of summer, My purpose is to throw a hand gernade in the room and see who jumps on it. My point was if you don't know for fact about the inside info of any school (Wood) it's best not to put it up here...That's all - continue to put up your opinions......I know I will!

Reactions: ed o'brien

Please review your fifth grade copy book. Sentences should not end with a PREPosition. And while you're at it, check the 4th grade math copy book for multiplication and factoring since it appears that extra tuition could have been well spent on someone like yourself.

Please review your fifth grade copy book. Sentences should not end with a PREPosition. And while you're at it, check the 4th grade math copy book for multiplication and factoring since it appears that extra tuition could have been well spent on someone like yourself.
Wow took you a whole 48 hours to come up with that - typical prep DB (and I don't mean defensive back)
but the chicken in your name is kinda of poetic, don't ya think - OBTW, I left a few more errors for you so you could find them and smile and say, I was a good boy today!

Yeah, I was annoyed at FBU's many errors in grammar, syntax, etc. . For a man with VERY strong opinions it is a damn shame he can't communicate them more correctly. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT