ADVERTISEMENT

How many D-1 kids

I read on twitter ever player on Central's starting defense has a D1 offer. That is something like 8 seniors and 3 juniors.

Yes, they are loaded on D. Hamlin, Jones, Garner, George, Adams, Wheeler, Hinson on D. They have to replace two studs tho - Petrician and Glover.

All those same kids can play offense, but the question on that side of the ball is if they can score enough against other good defensive teams. Against PR, beginning with the second drive of the 2nd half the first time they played, to the last play of the WPIAL Championship game - about 72 minutes - they scored 1 TD vs. a PR. PR's D was ok, but had 0 D-1 defensive kids on it. And that is the same D that let up 49 to SJP in the finals. Bottom line, PCC needs to find some O to win it all.

Most people don't realize that PCC was racked with mono and injuries by the end of last year.In the 2nd Pine Richland game they were down to their 4th string tailback. That's not conducive to scoring when your QB is a game manager. That's why they went one dimensional with Johnny Petrishen at wildcat against Penn Trafford and Pine Richland in the playoffs. It surprised penn Trafford but Pine Richland had a week to prepare for it. Almost worked save for Petrishen fumble at PR 10 and the inadvertent whistle call which overturned an obvious fumble recovery by Central deep in their own territory. FYI, Central only has 8 players with Major D1 offers. Lynn Swan's kid coming back from a knee injury doesn't have one yet. If he stays healthy he 's ticketed to start at corner and should have a big year. I've been told that they will have their best O And D lines in recent memory and they are expecting to have a "QB". It's Hershey or bust for Central this year. There will be a couple of unexpected surprises on offense.

Last edited:
You guys are also going to have George back at RB, right? He looked liked he recovered quite well from his ankle/leg injury when I saw him during hoops. Is Frerotte or the other kids going to be at QB?

That senior class is REALLY strong - is wheeler going to be a senior too? With Hinson, Adams (STUD), and Thorpe as Juniors?

George, I've been told will not play offense this year. Saving him for defense. Frerotte is playing Wide Receiver and is being looked at by Ivy League schools, Princeton and Columbia. Navarro (Jennifer Wokwiak 's son )is having a strong offseason and deserves a good shot to start but supposedly they have an up and coming Soph and Jr who could be the one. That of course remains to be seen. I believe that Wheeler will be a senior. They're saying the running backs will be Emmanuel and a new addition who is fast. FYI, Scarborough the kid who kept jumping offsides and is a D1 talent is at Woody Hi.

Last edited:
George, I've been told will not play offense this year. Saving him for defense. Frerotte is playing Wide Receiver and is being looked at by Ivy League schools, Princeton and Columbia. Navarro (Jennifer Wokwiak 's son )is having a strong offseason and deserves a good shot to start but supposedly they have an up and coming Soph and Jr who could be the one. That of course remains to be seen. I believe that Wheeler will be a senior. They're saying the running backs will be Emmanuel and a new addition who is fast. FYI, Scarborough the kid who kept jumping offsides and is a D1 talent is at Woody Hi.

Woody High may be the team with the most talent to make it a challenge for PCC, but I'd still make PCC the favorite. One area I always thought PCC could improve upon is their offensive game planning. I think the loss to SJP at Hershey was aided by a one dimensional game plan. SJP loaded the box and begged them to run - and they did.

Reactions: pcc64
Woody High may be the team with the most talent to make it a challenge for PCC, but I'd still make PCC the favorite. One area I always thought PCC could improve upon is their offensive game planning. I think the loss to SJP at Hershey was aided by a one dimensional game plan. SJP loaded the box and begged them to run - and they did.

That and Cosentino going down with an ankle injury in the 2nd half didn't help matters. With him out they couldn't take any shots down field, which was and still is a big part of their offense. Your point is valid in that they run a very basic and simple offense.

Right now the WPIAL and City League have 23 kids with D-! offers

I see 29 D1FBS offers so far:

Name, High School, College Offer
1 Aaron Mathews, Clairton, Pitt, WVU, etc
2 Aidan Howard, Gateway, Virgina (committed)
3 Anthony Battaglia, Pine Richland, Army
4 Billy Kisner, Penn Hills, Toledo (committed)
5 Brandon Ford, Upper St Clair, Pitt (committed)
6 Bricen Garner, Pitt CC, Pitt (committed)
7 Chris Stanford, Penn Trafford, Buffalo
8 Damar Hamlin, Pitt CC, OSU, PSU, etc
9 Jacob Buccigrossi, North Hills, WVU (committed)
10 James Jackson, Allderdice, Arizona State
11 James Willard, Pine Richland, Ohio
12 Jeremiah Jones, Woodland Hills, WVU (committed)
13 Jo-El Shaw, Woodland Hills, Pitt
14 Kaezon Pugh, Aliquippa, Arkansas, Miami, WVU, etc
15 Khaleke Hudson, Mckeesport, PSU, Pitt, WVU
16 Logan Thimons, Freeport, WVU (committed)
17 Matt Fennell, Upper St Clair, Old Dominion
18 Matt Hampson, Pine Richland, Bowling Green
19 Miles Sanders, Woodland Hills, Penn State (committed)
20 Nate Swart, Washington, Toledo (committed)
21 Paul Grattan, Mt. Lebanon, Toledo
22 Rashad Wheeler, Pitt CC, Pitt, UVA
23 Ron George, Pitt CC, Temple
24 Ronnie Jones, Pitt CC, Toledo (committed)
25 Stephen Puhl, Woodland Hills, Air Force
26 Terence Stephens, West Allegheny, Bowling Green (committed)
27 Therran Coleman, Brashear, Pitt, WVU, Wisconsin
28 Tim Jackson, Allderdice, Arizona State
29 Tymar Sutton, Mckeesport, WVU

Reactions: ed o'brien
Could be a banner year for the WPIAL and Pitt City League. If that area can get into the high 30's it is a good crop

What's going on in Western PA , between the WPIAL and City League as far as recruiting goes is incredible. PCC's talent on defense is phenomenal.

What's going on in Western PA , between the WPIAL and City League as far as recruiting goes is incredible. PCC's talent on defense is phenomenal.

Should be a very good year this year, but nexy year is going to be a banner year. 7 kids in the Wpial included in the Rivals 250 for 2017. Might be one of the best years in 2 decades for talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT