ADVERTISEMENT

How does Erie Cath Prep look this year?

WpialHSFB

Nov 30, 2010
I see they are heading to Florida to take on what some have listed as a top 10 team in the Sunshine State.

Cathedral Prep had a great team last season, but lost to Conneaut Area Senior High in the D-10 champ. game 14-7, with Conneaut scoring with about 10 seconds left. Game was played in the snow and ice on the field at Edinboro Univ. with temps in the upper 20's. Prep had their share of miscues and Conneaut played more determined/fundamental ball. Mainly it was Conneaut's dual threat QB Hunter Merritt, running left, right, up the middle, with a just a few passes mixed in.

The same teams just met in an area 7x7 champ game, with Prep winning 30-0 even though they have a new starter at QB and lost several players to Power 5 conf. teams.

Prep routinely has an 80 player roster, so lots of depth, and they have great facilities (indoor practice facility, etc). I expect them to field another top team, but they probably won't quite have the athletes that Wakulla, Florida will have, and the heat and humidity should get to them. Game is in Orlando, FL.

Big game for a first time starting QB of Prep, but it's the head coach's son.

Sorry, No indoor practice facilities at Erie Prep. Head Coach's son should start at QB. Two stud Sophmore Middle Linebackers. I think the lines are two small this year to make a legitimate state title run, but who knows.

Sorry, No indoor practice facilities at Erie Prep. Head Coach's son should start at QB. Two stud Sophmore Middle Linebackers. I think the lines are two small this year to make a legitimate state title run, but who knows.

The Erie paper has a new HS sports web site up with info on the D-10 teams. The roster they now have up for Prep for the 2015 team shows 10 players over 250 pounds, so they should be good on the lines. By comparison, Conneaut had 2 guys last year who were both that big and lost both to graduation (one now going to play at Slippery Rock). So Prep should breeze through D-10 as usual. The Wakulla, FL game will be a nice challenge and hopefully they'll show well and make PA football look good. Roster --> ... http://highschoolsports.goerie.com/...-high-school-varsity-boys-football/?view=list

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT