ADVERTISEMENT

Falcons-Red Raiders

Fletchster1

Nov 22, 2004
Can the Falcons defend the pass while protecting the edges against the Red Raiders' speedy backfield? They'll need plenty of penetration to hold back the Red Raider O. Does Pennsbury have anyone to cover 7 and 15? On the other side of the ball, the Red Raiders have a few kids that can run with Snorweah to slow him down. A big game is needed from 15 at Safety.

I see a Red Raider 10-14 point win.

The weakest element of the Pennsbury D is their inability to cover the pass. Look for the Red Raiders to pick on the corner, #5 , this kid is great in run support but a definite liability in pass coverage. Also, the defensive team speed that PB possessed in September is absolutely a gear slower here in November.

The other clear advantage that the Red Raiders have is the check mark in the coaching category. Ortega can coach his way out of a point deficit, while Snyder. Well, let's just leave it at "Snyder".

At the end of this one it will be Coatesville saying, a' la Seinfeld, "See you around Falcons"

The Vill by 14, easily.

This post was edited on 11/25 1:32 PM by Patton2Moscow

Where's Blitzkrieg on this one?

The Raiders will need to slow down Snowreath and keep the offense on the field to win this one. Easier said than done. Coatesvilles d will need a bigger effort that it did against Haverford, Henderson and Dtown East. Sucks the game is up in Souderton on a Friday night.

Souderton? Why not play in Scranton? Well, at least one of the schools isn't 10 minutes down the road this time around.

Having seen both play and thinking Pennsbury's D is better than what they showed vs DWest, I still give Cville the advantage. I think the Red Raider D will be tougher and although Snorweah will get yards it won't be anything crazy. Cville's O is a mix of run/pass and can be methodical or quick striking. Seen them go down the field and score to win at least three games this year with less than 3 mins left. Seen them just put the game in QB Youngs hands and let him sit in the pocket and pick apart defenses or keep it and move the chains all year. He'll be a monster next year and it'll be fun to see if his younger brothers see any varsity action - might have an all Young backfield.

Who from Pennsbury covers Stocker? That "ten and turn" over and over wears on a CB - just when he tries to jump the route, that "ten and turn" turns into a stop and go. Does Snorweah play D?

Re: Where's Blitzkrieg on this one?

with wed snow, field maybe a little slick, good for psb.

#7 in Pennsbury's secondary was a nice athlete so maybe he will...... but who covers #7 for the Red raiders, or #5, or #21 out of the backfield....they'll have their hands full. But so will Cville's secondary once Snorweah gets through the first level. I think it'll be a great game.

Who would have thought from being DYW RB to TE and getting dicked around by some of the DYW coaches he would be in this position. Good kid and the Dad Anthony is a real good guy too. Will be fun to watch Jordan next year and the twin Young boys if they do see varsity action.

Anthony and all of his sons are tremendous, high character people who I have always had the utmost respect for.

You are a little off base and inaccurate with some of your comments though. I highly doubt that Anthony would let any of his sons be dicked around by anyone in any aspect of their life. He knows the game of football very well and entrusted his sons to be coached by people with a long tenure of coaching youth football. These coaches do not play daddy ball, because they don't have their own sons on their teams, so that can't be a factor for causing you to make that statement.
Jordan was and still is a beloved figure by all of the DYW coaches, he comes to watch his younger brothers play, and spends most of his time in the press box talking and joking with his former coaches. Hardly the actions of a highly intelligent young man that has resentment toward any of his former coaches. So to make the comment that he was dicked around sounds more like a personal opinion of yours, which you are entitled to, but it is unfair to take a shot at volunteers that have given 10, 15 or even 20 years of football seasons, unless you have given that kind of time yourself.

Also, his younger brothers are not twins, they are separated by a year. And will both have successful careers like their older brother.

I respect DYW and my kids went through the organization. I played 4 years of DYW myself. On top of that I agree with most of your comments but I did witness it 1 year. You can defend DYW all you want but it won't take away what I witnessed. Yeah... Overall I would think the Youngs experience was good otherwise he would have pulled his kids and they would have played for Kid raiders. My comments are not off. By the way... DYW does play Daddy ball. Remember a certain 80lb coach who's kid played QB. Nice kid and I like thAt former 80lb coach but his son starting let alone starting at any position was a stretch.

A little ridiculous saying some peewee ball slight would have some lasting impact on the kid today. This is not the forum for that sort of thing. Having had kids go through the program and having one play with Jordan for most of his time down there I'd say I would have been front and center for any perceived slights or being 'dicked' around. Can't say I ever saw any signs of it. If anything, they all knew he was a special talent and he received all the opportunities possible and today is a very nice young man without being cocky or having a chip on his shoulder.

Your kid played a year above Jordan Young most years so you didn't see it. Correct? Jordan graduates next year. I don't think its ridiculous if my posts are truthful. I didn't specifically degrade someone but merely pointed out a fact I observed. As I said before I liked DYW and my kids went through it. Maybe your blinded by the Downingtown blue and yellow scenario is perfect but why is Marsh Creek Eagles double the size? Its admirable that the Downingtown folks like yourself (82) are quick to jump to defend when you don't even know the situation.

I am no longer involved with DYW, and I was not on that staff of the coach you are referring to, but I do know him and also know that he was in that same coaching role for about 15 years prior to his own son playing for him. And I also remember that team winning a championship the year that you are referring to, with his son handing the ball to Jordan Young and a couple others. 8 year old QB's aren't asked to do very much, but the coach must trust that he will call the right play in the huddle, and give the ball to the correct RB. This coach apparently trusted his son to do those things and it resulted in a championship. So to cherry pick one instance of your perceived daddy ball in 50+ years of the organization's existence seems unfair.

I can reference a few recent instances, one where a DYW varsity coach's son played QB for 2 years prior to playing for his own father's team, and was switched to center by his father when he graduated to his father's team because that's what was best for the team. Another instance where a DYW varsity head coach's son was the freshman QB for his HS team, but played TE for his father because another DYW team member was a better QB. Another DYW varsity coach moved his own son to the JV team because he felt that he wasn't ready for the varsity level of competition.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not going to win the daddy ball argument when you are referring to the goings on at DYW. The players and parents change, the coaches don't change, but the results are always the same...successful.

I know this thread was about Falcons-Red Raiders, and I apologize to any and all for getting off topic.

Back to the topic, I will be rooting for all of the former DYW players that are currently playing for the Red Raiders.

I'm not going to apologize for my comments. I saw many other incidents at DYW while we were involved in over 10 years but they would happen at any organization. DYW is a top notch football organization and it speaks for itself. Yes.. agreed we are on here to speak about Coatesville - Pennsbury. I'm hoping Coatesville pulls it out and would hope the Downingtown neighbors rally behind the Red Raiders as they represent the Chesmont League.

Are you going to the game? Get a hold of me if you are, I misplaced your number. We'll definitely be on the Coatesville side because the visitor stands are putrid at Souderton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT