ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone ok?

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
We had a terrific wind system blow thru at 6; tornados-straight line winds here in Delaware County-Ridley Twp (behind Ridley High) and out at least to Middletown-Media area around Linvilla Orchards off of Rt-352 along Edgemont Ave. Many trees down, 200,000 without power per PECO. Friend living behind orchard says 40% of trees are down in his development, so many they can't get out. Super fast moving system, blew thru in 10 minutes. Hope everyone is ok.

Stay safe Delco! Stalk, get in touch this summer. A PA Preps summer brew gathering is way overdue! Let's put something together. Have wheels, will travel brother!

It seemed to go right below us in Glenmoore. My route to work in Exton was littered with down trees, but we made it through without even a limb down in the yard.

Glad you missed it Fletchster1. PHL Int'l measured in at 73mph. Forget the talking heads like Adam Joseph, etc saying "no tornadoes" when they weren't here. At least a mini version was mentioned by two guys I know not prone to exaggeration. When it rips through the woods like a pissed off Decepticon looking for the Allspark, we typically call that a tornado.

Alright Relayer, has been a while, LaSalle-Ridley at Charlie Martin if memory serves, trying to meet at the Rhaun-something or other for a brewski, ok, scotch....I'm a wuss. Cell phone issues, etc, didn't allow it but always a good idea.

Stalk, fletch, a sad day for us Yes fans with the passing of Chris Squire. Only appropriate that Relayer is in my album rotation for this week.

Reactions: Aragorn
Took some time but I finally got them, I think? The way they mixed classical with rock, pop was confusing to me, even difficult but interesting and ambitious, definitely ambitious. The 70's and 80's broke many boundaries. Being raised around music, I came to appreciate musicianship, regardless of genre. Too bad 'tho to lose a founding member at such a young age by today's standards.
I was raised in a musical family with all of us having to learn at least two instruments, piano and clarinet/sax for me. My uncle was a well known jazz pianist playing with Charlie Byrd at Byrd's club in Georgetown with Bob Vigoda and a wonderful artist names Joyce Carr. Uncle Dick (Thomas) played in all the DC clubs, Showboat Lounge, Cafe Lorraine, King Cole Room, etc, often with Joyce Carr. They'd very often drive up from Gtown to Gettysburg, bringing the gang with him when I was a little dude. Talk about a living room that was jamming with those guys rocking 533 Hillcrest Place like it's never been rocked. The room smelled different and there was lots of alcohol. No wonder I enjoyed those visits so much. Stoned at 8! He's still rocking in El Cerrito on the bay, a few miles outside San Fran above Oakland.
Definitely YES "Relayer", let her R.I.P.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT