ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing Candidate Pool

JB, sounds like you're trying to say a certain RB at the prep who decided to not attend lasalle after meeting Infante was "heartbroken" that his parents forced him to go to the prep for 2k in FA. Laughable.

And if thats number making the rounds, then its very skewed. The number that he receives from the prep is significantly lower. I can't speak to what he makes from the ample amount of time he spends coaching national teams, running international clinics and camps, and making children safer as a master teacher for the HeadsUP tackling movement.

This post was edited on 3/1 12:19 PM by phillysportz

Hookman2, stick to what you know and just worry about how Roman will coach a certain QB. The 8th graders you are referring to were not accepted to the Prep based upon their entrance exam and then went to LaSalle. I am not saying LaSalle has a lower academic standard at all. The two test are completely different and some boys simply get intimidated and overwhelmed with the test at the Prep. As far as being a student and a football player at the Prep ask anyone who is affiliated with the team past and present they will let you know you need to be academically eligible to practice and play regardless of how good a player you are.

I think we've all beat this debate well enough. The 'salaries' you mention are off. Regardless, I think LS will be satisfied with the forthcoming decision which I expect to be this week.

Re: Plausible deniability

Thanks FF, I know the usage and definition of fabricated.

I never have believed there is anything personal between LS and SJP folks and agree they have far more in common than not. It's a rivalry, pure and simple, in many ways it is healthy for those involved and those on the fringe. May even provide a chuckle from time to time.

I may appear to be wrapped up in all this; really, I'm a laid back guy who enjoys a good discussion from time to time.

Infante and Drew were always friendly mostly when not facing each other.

Sportz, yep, I'll stick by it; kids don't care about money. Kids care about playing and winning. Imhotep is the perfect example; they have kids lined up around the block who just want to play for Imhotep and don't care what it takes.

Parents care about money which they should.

This post was edited on 3/2 9:34 AM by JBinPA

Blitz brother, fear not, La Salle will never concede a thing to SJP regardless of who is coaching!

Blitz brother, fear not, La Salle will never concede a thing to SJP regardless of who is coaching!

PCL, I'm pretty close to kids on the fb team as well as their families.

Almost every single kid came to La Salle because it fields a high profile, winning program among many other considerations. Actually, most of their dads went there and they have little choice; they've known since 2nd grade what HS they would be attending.

They do not go there to play SJP, win, lose or draw; it is simply one game on a schedule. When they arrive in Wyndmoor they learn it is the one game that truly matters and they learn that from teammates. I am sure the same takes place at 17th and G. Yes, those games are special to the kids and they should be; I would make the point it is quite healthy to have a strong rival.

I'm not sure what unhealthy undercurrent you refer to; the boys this year were very disappointed that they couldn't take it further. It had nothing to do with SJP; it had to do with their own goals and the fact that they fell short in result, not in effort. They actually had a great season but their goal was to win D12 and make it back to Hershey. In that regard only, they fell a bit short.

And yes, like almost all LS grads, I would rather beat SJP than lose to them; no apologies there.

JB-

Roxy expecting decision this week....Do you agree? Who is left from DG era that applied?

Spider, I understand there were quite a few applicants from the "DG era", plus others from outside the LS community. That does not mean the "DG era" applicants were on last year's staff.

If the names are true, there is one, possibly two names the current administration would be comfortable going with but that would be my opinion not that of the school and my opinion is meaningless.

I'm unsure on the timing of any announcement.

Fighting soldiers from the sky....fearless men who jump and die!

The return of "Sudden Slam." This could get really good, again.

Danke, Paul! Wie gehts dir, Freund? Hey, that´s great that he thinks Slam and I have a secret LaSalle code, although I think the youngster "may" have been joshing a wee bit....a dose if irony there, maybe.

yes blitzkrieg64 this 67 year old youngster was joshing. I knew Drew very well years ago, and he had me following LaSalle during his coaching tenure. I sincerely hope he returns to coaching in the PCL someday soon.

Blitz brother, the dude called you a La Salle guy; he deserves to know the truth!

Jeez, fellas...."Nazi," "La Salle guy," not sure which is worse.....this is definitely defamation of character here. Hey, like I said, I´m trying to turn a "new leaf in life," am now living in Buenos Aires, have changed my name to Adlpho Blitztierez and have found the love of my life in Nurse Ratchett´s enchanting daughter, Helga von Stricktnein. Give me a break, now, everyone deserves a third or fourth chance, afterall....

FB, don´t get me confused with Bwuce "Jennerfer" Jenner, now........he´s the "real deal," er, maybe

The gang is all here.....Blitz and FB107. The men who had politics banned from the board......LOL....that LOL was for Huck. Is Huck still alive? I heard he tripped assisting Tulla with the water..........just saying.....

Turns out I was correct about Barry being a shitty President, yes?

Hey, got three Hawks (maybe four, with Tulla) and the Last of the Falhicans here. Great! What´s the record for views on one thread? Looks like we´re on our way, huh?

15-yard penalty and loss of down on FB, though, "ineligable receiver, political statement on the football board...." Gotta admit, however, he did turn out to be right.......okay, got that outta the way, now send me my damm nr. 64 St. Joe´s football jersey you promised me eight years ago....lol.

Blitz, don't tell the rest of the board but Roxy and the real FB are left wing liberals in disguise..... I did hear that Governor Wolf was going to tax per post on this site..... His aides said if he didn't, it would be the only thing he didn't tax! Yea, how bad was Corbett? Wake up Pennsylvania!!!!!!!! Wake Up America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitz, What's with the "maybe four, with Tulla" when I'm the only one of the four who actually played at SJP, practiced on the plateau for four years, and became an alumnus? Not that I begrudge Roxy, FB, and Slam being called "Hawks" since they all paid plenty of tuition $$ and have supported the school and the football program, but I'm not a "maybe."

We missed you in early December around the time of the state semi-final.

No Tulla, Rox was a player. Now he's a playa! Best money I've ever spent on anything: SJP!

When Republicans act like Democrats, THEY LOSE! I'll leave it at that....

Maybe I know Roxy then. Roxy, did you play when Bob Vincent was the coach? Quietest head coach ever!

Tulla, sorry, "maybe" was definitely the wrong term! But the thought of all four of you guys in the same room at the same time is kinda scary! Could get "violent." Ha! Hey, also like your "play on Ps" there...."practiced on the (Prep) plateau..." nice line....

Tulla -

I was during the Jack Branka years - know the plateau well - 'watered' many a dandelion down there.

Roxy,

Based upon your screen name and the Branka era comment, I think I know you. In fact, I believe you and I were in the same room at SJP last night.

Blitz,

Roxy and I have been pretty much on the same page from the start. I don't get as annoyed by some of the LaSalle guys, one in particular, as he does, but I understand where he's coming from. FB and I had very different reactions to the Brooks business, but I respect his point of view on that. Lots of other Prep people shared it. And we both have Penn links. Slam ... I don't know--though we both thought LaSalle got away with lots of offensive holding!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT