ADVERTISEMENT

Downingtown East TE Angeline commits to USC

Thought it'd be ND but good for him. Surf's up!

Hey Ed, what's up? (5th and Emerald!) A side note to say Jimmy Jones was a product of John Harris High before the merger in '71 with Wm. Penn to become Harrisburg High. Believe he grad from Harris in '68.

Thought it'd be ND but good for him. Surf's up!

Hey Ed, what's up? (5th and Emerald!) A side note to say Jimmy Jones was a product of John Harris High before the merger in '71 with Wm. Penn to become Harrisburg High. Believe he grad from Harris in '68.

What's up Stalker?! Yeah, the old-timers talk about him on a semi-regular basis.

Hey Stalk -

Jimmy Jones was the QB for USC when they went down to Alabama in 1970 and beat them, 42-21 (besides Jones the great Sam Cunningham was the fullback on that team). I believe that was the game that is touted as leading to a broader approach (in the south) as to player selection.

Here's the rest of USC's recruit commits (as far as I know this is current may be a few more):

Matt Fink, QB, Glendora (Ca.)

Velus Jones, WR, Saraland (Ala.)

Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett

Melquise Stovall, RB, Lancaster Paraclete (Ca.)

Frank Martin, OL, Santa Ana Mater Dei (Ca.)

Nathan Smith, OL, Mesa (Ca.)

Daelin Hayes, LB, Ann Arbor (Mich.) Skyline

Mique Juarez, LB, North Torrance (Ca.)

They have offers out for some top tail backs including Evander Holyfield's kid, Elijah, (College Park, GA) and then Vavae Malepesi from Mililani, Hawaii.

Quite some reach the Trojans have (and it looks like Angeline is their TE).

Your correct & I didn't realize that. I'm thinking more of kids who were recruited right out of HS. Bowman went to JUCO out in LA & then transferred.

Reactions: ed o'brien
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT