ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 and 12 May 9th Showcase Reminder

Feb 11, 2015
Any interested in signing up must pre-register. We will close registrations on May 1st. Showcase is May 9th.

Email: kevingmageefootballcamp@yahoo.com
Twitter: @kmfootballcamp

Is this sanctioned by D1 and D12 or are you just using their names as leverage for your money making venture?

Just curious.

This is strictly a way for kids in the area to get noticed. This is not a "money making venture". Most of the coaches assisting in this event are either head coaches or assistants from the surrounding areas who will be paid. Since Bonner is allowing us to use their field every player from their team is free at charge. Please do not put us in that category. Our goal is to get kids noticed. We are not running a combine. It is a showcase in front of colleges from multiple levels. Feel free to email me with any questions about the cost and the break down of money. I will be glad to show you where all of the money is going.

Question......I thought college coaches can't attend?..

You say that, " It is a showcase in front of colleges from multiple levels." I thought that the NCAA prohibited colleges from attending these events. See the link. As a result, I'm very leery of your representation.

Are you saying that college coaches will be there? If so, what colleges have indicated that they will in fact be in attendance?What coaches actually came last year? If coaches can't be there, how are you going to get the players "noticed"?

Finally, you've registered as a corporation, and thus probably file a tax return, so how is this not a "money making venture"?

Link

Re: Question......I thought college coaches can't attend?..

Getting kids noticed by the PCL, thats about it.

I would venture to say the coaches running the "camp" are PCL coaches on the recruiting trail.

So now... high schools are running recruiting camps just like the colleges.

The demise of public school football is just about complete.

Reactions: Delcofootballguy
1 out of 8 of the coaches are PCL guys. The rest are public school. We have about 8 colleges confirmed coming representing every level with the except D1a. This is our first year running this showcase. We run other camps for individual instruction which is why we have an LLC. Our goal is to follow in the footsteps of Dan Algeo who helped a number of kids get recognized through a very similar camp he ran at O'Hara. Call it what you want but it's nothing more than a way for kids in the area to get evaluated by a college coach.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r.../id/12404435/the-recruiting-rules-rule-spring
1 out of 8 of the coaches are PCL guys. The rest are public school. We have about 8 colleges confirmed coming representing every level with the except D1a. This is our first year running this showcase. We run other camps for individual instruction which is why we have an LLC. Our goal is to follow in the footsteps of Dan Algeo who helped a number of kids get recognized through a very similar camp he ran at O'Hara. Call it what you want but it's nothing more than a way for kids in the area to get evaluated by a college coach.
If you have " about 8 colleges confirmed coming," how do you mesh that with this:

Coaches CAN'T attend nonscholastic athletic events, such as the numerous camps, combines and 7-on-7 tournaments that take place throughout the spring.

That quote is from this link to an ESPN recruiting article entitled Inside Spring Guidelines.

I'm not trying to "bust your chops" but, having gone through the recruiting process with my son, I believe there is an awful lot of bad information on recruiting floating around.

Get off the guy's case. These types of showcases and camps take place all Spring and Summer, all around the country, with coaches from all levels attending. If you don't like it, don't send your kid there to get better. Gotta love the self-righteous "But somebody is making money so it's wrong" people.

Reactions: ed o'brien
Get off the guy's case. These types of showcases and camps take place all Spring and Summer, all around the country, with coaches from all levels attending. If you don't like it, don't send your kid there to get better. Gotta love the self-righteous "But somebody is making money so it's wrong" people.

You say I'm self righteous. I say why not simply be straight forward with high school kids.

You are right in that these events take place all the time. And kids do go and get valuable instruction. Many people pay with the hope that their kid will be 'noticed" and that it will lead to a scholarship or some other kind of aid. The hook is the claim that colleges or college coaches will be there. To boost attendance, and increase revenue, camps/showcases advertise that coaches were invited and some will be there, but they won't, because it's a violation of NCAA rules. They're not allowed to go To be there subjects them and their schools to sanctions. That's the honest truth. There may be recruiting services present and "recruiting agents", but I don't think any real coaches would risk it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT