ADVERTISEMENT

DAndre Swift

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
After seeing the highlights presented by Pa. preps I watched the tape of the state championship game this past year and have concluded Swift could become one of the greatest running backs to come from Philadelphia . I know there have been many great ones , but considering this guy is only going into his junior year and has 20 D-1 offers already you have to wonder how great he will become.

So highlights and one game has you making a conclusions?

Where is your pedigree in being an expert on the history of running backs in Philadelphia? Who are the other great ones "you know about"? How many running backs have you seen over the past 80 years to start throwing around "one of the greatest" in the entire city of Philadelphia?

I think you need to pump your brakes with your conclusions.

A few highlights and a state championship game aren't much to make such a bold conclusion when you have to look at 80+ years of Philadelphia football.

Very tough statement lilromeo. What about the present talent in the Philly area?? What's the cat's name from Father Judge?? From what I've heard from people who have seen him, he's the real deal, the next big thing!!

That back Swift is the Real Deal! If he is making highlights like that as a sophomore.. Imagine his senior year. Already almost 210 lbs with 4.4/4.5 speed. This kid is a legit 5 star recruit down the road. Plus he can catch. Very impressive on film.

Reactions: Mactatty

Where is your pedigree in being an expert on the history of running backs in Philadelphia? Who are the other great ones "you know about"? How many running backs have you seen over the past 80 years to start throwing around "one of the greatest" in the entire city of Philadelphia?

A few highlights and a state championship game aren't much to make such a bold conclusion when you have to look at 80+ years of Philadelphia football.
Well,I certainly got a rise out of you . I am not an expert by any means ,but have followed Philly HS football since 1960 and have for sure seen my share of great backs. I did say one of , not the best and based on not only I video and some highlight clips ,but the opinion of some damn good colleges and their experts that have already concluded that this kid has some great potential. I certainly didn't mean to be offensive ,just ststing my non-expert opinion.

It might be a stretch to compare him to past greats like kevin jones, slaton, thomas, and cappeletti, but theres not a running back in the league now that can touch him. His career is much more than a few highlights and a state championship. Thats an ignorant statement

Reactions: ed o'brien
LS9er I have actually heard the complete opposite. I am close with multiple people who have coached him at ENON and guys who coach him at SJP and I hear he's a great young man and he works his tail off both on the field and in the classroom.
This kid is the real deal. He will never put up the eyepopping numbers that Brinkley or Jones put up bc the offense at SJP doesnt need him to touch the ball 50 times a game. He's a highlight waiting to happen. The fact that he hasnt gotten a 5th star is baffling to me. There's not a better running back in the state, let alone his class.
This kids got nothing but a bright future ahead of him. And no I am not a SJP guy.

Last edited:
CYOBALL1, can you edit out what you mentioned about his academics?

Ls- can you delete your post? Insulting a kid is not allowed. Thanks.

Thanks!

A few highlights and a state championship game aren't much to make such a bold conclusion when you have to look at 80+ years of Philadelphia football.[/QUOTE
Very tough statement lilromeo. What about the present talent in the Philly area?? What's the cat's name from Father Judge?? From what I've heard from people who have seen him, he's the real deal, the next big thing!!
That would be Yedee Theanrat and although he is a RB and a good one ,he is being recruited as a DB by a couple D-1 schools.

Romeo, I've heard rumors that Swift is dope and if he didn't excel at football, he wouldn't have lasted through week one at the Prep. The people saying this might have an agenda. Can you confirm or deny this once and for all? Thanks.
I am not a prep guy ,but an avid PCl follower and know nothing about Swifts academics. My understanding is that academics at the prep are at a high level, so for him to be admitted there I assume he had to be a good student. Anyone spreading those things around about a student athlete is just wrong.

It might be a stretch to compare him to past greats like kevin jones, slaton, thomas, and cappeletti, but theres not a running back in the league now that can touch him. His career is much more than a few highlights and a state championship. Thats an ignorant statement
You are correct in that the statements I made were not inclusive of additional points that I have seen Swift play twice as a freshman and once last year. Also I have seen many of the great running backs from Pliladelphia in person to include cappelletti,Slaten,Green,Wycheck,Williams, Thomas and so many more over the yearsthat I cant recall offhand. My intent was for all to recognize we have the opportunity to witness a young with tremendous potential and celebrate his successes. I do not believ any Running back in Philly has ever attained 19 schorlarship offers from division 1 schools before even beginning his junior year. That in my opinion is incredible and I am happy to be able to watch him for the next two years in High school. By the way ,he made the sophomore all American team among his other awards. best of luck to him. I didn't mean to create a firestorm .

phillysports, Swift is at least as good of a back as any of the four backs you mentioned. Kevin Jones is probably the most talented of those that you mentioned and I would say Swift is a better all-around back than Jones because he can cut better and because he is more elusive; but, no doubt that Jones had great straight-ahead speed. If Swift can stay healthy, he'll have a better NFL career than Jones. Again, if he can stay healthy and I know that's a big if. None of the other three rushed for more than 3,000 yards in the NFL. The only thing that can stop Swift is a serious injury or a series of nagging injuries that limit his effectiveness. The kid looks like he has a passion for the game.

This kid clearly has all of the tools. I have 20 years of coaching and have coached against plenty of backs that made it to the NFL and this kid has it. Size, speed, cutting ability. Can cut on a dime, great hands. Plus playing at the prep he is playing against a high level of competition. Again if he is this good now, imagine what his junior and senior tape will look like. I do see him being a legit 5 star recruit eventually. I believe when he is done he could be in the argument for the best ever in the area.. no doubt.
Not sure why others are hating on him. This kid a serious talent and has a VERY bright future. He is the real deal.

And it is not a stretch at all to compare him to jones, slaton, thomas and others.. Not a stretch at all.. He EASILY can be in that argument right now.

After seeing the highlights presented by Pa. preps I watched the tape of the state championship game this past year and have concluded Swift could become one of the greatest running backs to come from Philadelphia . I know there have been many great ones , but considering this guy is only going into his junior year and has 20 D-1 offers already you have to wonder how great he will become.
Huck, just wondering why you didn't jump in on this. I was expecting your input . I know the West Catholic teams of recent years and the past with one I saw personally Bobby Mahan had some great RBs.
And it is not a stretch at all to compare him to jones, slaton, thomas and others.. Not a stretch at all.. He EASILY can be in that argument right now.[/QU

Romeo, I've heard rumors that Swift is dope and if he didn't excel at football, he wouldn't have lasted through week one at the Prep. The people saying this might have an agenda. Can you confirm or deny this once and for all? Thanks.
LS9er, if my memory serves me correctly, you are a LaSalle supporter. If that is the case, I find it interesting and telling that you would publish that comment about Swift. As you may or may not know, he had initially decided on LaSalle before choosing SJP. Would your Explorers have offered him admission if he were [a] dope? Your post is reckless and has no room on this board. And don't hide behind the "I am just posting what I heard" crap. Grow up.

They way Swift develop is amazing. I dont think anyone who saw him play at the little level thought He would develop into this monster on the high school level. D'andre is one of the nicest/humble kids you will ever meet. I truly believe he's the definition of a student athlete.

People from La Salle dont bash Swift he wanted to attend there. La Salle was his dream school.

Kevin Jones
Eddie Gaskins
Bruce Perry
Steve Slaton
Curtis Brinkley

He has a chance to be better than all of them....

I talked to swift at all star game and he is being recruited for rb and db he is a very nice kid and said he didn't get a 5 star bc he was a sophomore and will change by mid season the kid is not dumb he just rather play football in the future then make a chemistry experiment

I don't find this post far fetched. He's already one of the most decorated........ the kid played meaningful minutes as a freshmen at one of the country's top programs. That says a lot.

LS9er I have actually heard the complete opposite. I am close with multiple people who have coached him at ENON and guys who coach him at SJP and I hear he's a great young man and he works his tail off both on the field and in the classroom.
This kid is the real deal. He will never put up the eyepopping numbers that Brinkley or Jones put up bc the offense at SJP doesnt need him to touch the ball 50 times a game. He's a highlight waiting to happen. The fact that he hasnt gotten a 5th star is baffling to me. There's not a better running back in the state, let alone his class.
This kids got nothing but a bright future ahead of him. And no I am not a SJP guy.
Thanks for your input. That is refreshing to hear.

CYOBALL1, can you edit out what you mentioned about his academics?

Ls- can you delete your post? Insulting a kid is not allowed. Thanks.

Thanks!
I didn't insult anybody. If you don't like the content, feel free to delete it.

I didn't insult anybody. If you don't like the content, feel free to delete it.
LS9er, You stated (on a well read site, by kids & adults) you heard rumors that a 15 or 16 year old high school kid was a "dope" & you do not feel that might be an insult or hurtful to the kid or his parents??? You must be a real "tough guy" huh?....... punk.

You HEARD? FROM WHO? It's like the all-star game, somebody heard. You are talking about a KID. A really GOOD kid. Great family who has brought him up well. You are just mad he decided to go to SJP. Get over it

Reactions: CYOBALL1
The kid has had an unbelievable HS career so far and immature adults bash the kid. Pretty pathetic IMO. This kid will be a five-star and hopefully will continue to have success.

I do have a question for the Prep faithful. With Infante's success, will he lay roots at The Prep or is it a matter of time before he is on the college sidelines?

I'm a Prep guy but live too far away to be in any way close to the team. But I'll say this about Infante. He's now preparing for his sixth season at the Prep. Some people on this board and elsewhere predicted when he came to SJP that he'd use it as a stepping stone--leaving after a few years if he had success there. The fact that he's still there even after the success he's had should put to rest the "stepping stone" idea. And though I consider him a young guy, he is no doubt past the age when high school coaches who really want college jobs usually make the move.

I saw Swift make an outstanding catch last season over two defenders by the sideline which prompted me to think that he could also be a terrific receiver. In addition he tackled well as a DB in the Parkland game and ran over a PCC player as a Freshman on a kickoff 2 years back. At this point I don't think there is much this kid can't do.

I've seen a lot of great running backs end up as DB's at the next level and he certainly cannot be one of them. He needs to be a running back in college.

Tulla, I'm with you 100% regarding Infante's tenure there. I see him staying and I still give the guy credit after the team was literally ripped apart in his first year. His approach was the same back then when he lost his first four games as it is now.

Infante and Swift bring a breath of fresh air the the PCL.

LS9er, You stated (on a well read site, by kids & adults) you heard rumors that a 15 or 16 year old high school kid was a "dope" & you do not feel that might be an insult or hurtful to the kid or his parents??? You must be a real "tough guy" huh?....... punk.
Chuvalo, I don't consider myself a tough guy and should have used a better choice of words. I also don't call people 'punks' while hiding behind my keyboard. Stay classy. Your thin skin is comical.

Chuvalo, I don't consider myself a tough guy and should have used a better choice of words. I also don't call people 'punks' while hiding behind my keyboard. Stay classy. Your thin skin is comical.
Or, you could have chosen not to spread unsubstantiated, derogatory rumors about a high school kid. Thought of that option still hasn't registered with you??

Yo "LS9er", You are the absolute definition of a punk. Not only did you post that the kid was a dope but when the moderator brought it to your attention (giving you time to think about it) you doubled down on the thought saying nothing was wrong with the post. So that makes you a passive aggressive arrogant punk. Thankfully, after enough people commented on your post you "saw the error of your way". HA . Hopefully you use this as a learning experience and try to avoid punkish posts. Thanks.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
IMO, Swift has the necessary talent and ability to be considered one of the best RB the city has ever seen when his time is done.

Yo "LS9er", You are the absolute definition of a punk. Not only did you post that the kid was a dope but when the moderator brought it to your attention (giving you time to think about it) you doubled down on the thought saying nothing was wrong with the post. So that makes you a passive aggressive arrogant punk. Thankfully, after enough people commented on your post you "saw the error of your way". HA . Hopefully you use this as a learning experience and try to avoid punkish posts. Thanks.
Wow, I go away for two weeks and you're still puffing your chest. As I said, stay classy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT