ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series FINAL today (Monday) 6/26 at 7p ESPN.

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Best of 3, LSU 53-17 vs UF 54-16 (updated)

Game #1 LSU beat UF 3-2 home run in 11th
Game #2 UF beat LSU 24-4
Game #3

Last edited:
Gator blowout after being down 3-1 early. Tonight is the decider with a mammoth pitching matchup.

Gator blowout after being down 3-1 early. Tonight is the decider with a mammoth pitching matchup.
It really is entertaining with some of the best players (high draft picks) in the country going at it.

This year has been the most high draft picks in the World Series that I can remember. Skenes, Crews, Langford, Lowder, Dollander, Taylor, Teel, Wilken, Troy - that’s a huge chunk of the college first rounders who are all on teams that made Omaha (plus White, Caglianone, Burns, Kurtz all as likely first rounders next year).

Has LSU announced they’re throwing Skenes on three days rest? Florida will throw Caglianone, who is like college Ohtani - he leads the country in home runs (33, most since they changed the bats in 2011) and is a very good starter.

Thacker Hurd gets the start for LSU. Caglianone for UF. What a brute he is!

Hurd is probably a first rounder next year - Caglianone is probably a top 5 pick next season. Skenes looming in the bullpen for LSU.

Just up from 1100p Mon with PECO and Verizon out so I mossed the celebration. But what a display of power by LSU totally flipping the previous day's game. Wow they looked awesome but no more than UF the day before.
Come on NCAA IDIOTS, make it a 5 games series.

5 game series would be nice to see, but limited audience at the start of summer. 3 days in a row were enough for me.

Last two games of MCWS were major duds to conclude an awesome postseason.

5 game series would be nice to see, but limited audience at the start of summer. 3 days in a row were enough for me.

Last two games of MCWS were major duds to conclude an awesome postseason.
Wow Fletch, I don't feel they were duds, knowing or having experienced so many games (FB, BB, Hoops) turning on a dime. I get into the suspense of a contest, the anticipation, never knowing what might lead to what. Looking at the crowd size the final itself, I thought a 5-game format for that part would be a hit.
Ok, back to football!

Wow Fletch, I don't feel they were duds, knowing or having experienced so many games (FB, BB, Hoops) turning on a dime. I get into the suspense of a contest, the anticipation, never knowing what might lead to what. Looking at the crowd size the final itself, I thought a 5-game format for that part would be a hit.
Ok, back to football!
I think (if college baseball didn’t go so late as it is) it would be better to give them a couple days off to reset the pitching and get the stars back on the mound at least by game 3.

Reactions: Stalker
Florida 24
LSU 4

LSU 18
Florida 4

Last two games were laughers after the previous games in Omaha were full of 1 run close games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT