ADVERTISEMENT

Brace yourself.....

Re: Whoa ... Wait

Never said Drew would never coach again, go back and check your tape. I think it's great that if he's leaving LS that he's headed to McD.

Alum leaving well endowed power and taking over a run down, small program that can use his name and assistance? They make movies about this stuff. It's great, wish him nothing but the best.

JBisaPAin

Wow ... what a comment "run down" - you seriously can't help yourself - "endowed power". You tell others to "check the tape" - what a joke ... you are the most ambiguous passive aggressive commentator on this board. Fortunately, the choice here is obvious - no longer engage someone with marginal standards and limited credibility. Maybe you're the one that ends up in a movie Mr Madoff ?!

i have apologized and owned up to making a mistake with my first post. at least i am man enough to do that. as i stated before everything else i have said has been accurate.

JB, read your old post, you used the word retire 3 times in relationship to gordon senior which has proven to be incorrect. someone posted an article earlier from rick obrien with quotes from gordon saying his is going to mcd. you also said he and his son love lasalle and that brett was stepping down for personal reasons. all of those things are simply not true. drew loved lasalle so much that he stepped down (not retired you mental midget) and within 30 days is coaching 2miles down the road? c'mon man, i don't need private school education to figure out that he wasn't happy when he left.
brett will coach in some form or fashion next year and it will not be at lasalle. the only way to explain that is that he is unhappy with how things were handled and no longer wants to associate with the football program or the administration. that is the truth and based on their lack of interest in talking to him i would say they may have a problem with him. with the joksters running that place i wouldn't even begin to speculate why. he is in discussions with multiple head coaches to join their staff and will help another team next year. i'm sure you can figure out who a few are based on where other coaches have gone and on proximity. i know your feeble little mind may not be able to handle that someone who has been so involved in building the tradition not wanting anything to do with it, but it is what it is. the world is much bigger than what happens at lasalle and you seem to be blinded by blue rainbows and gold unicorns.

Your hot air post was about Brett, not Drew so we should just drop it. I'm sure it's boring to others.

I actually had a conversation with Drew 2 years ago where I told him I thought it would be awesome (for him) if he got the opportunity to coach his alma mater one day.

There's a twist to this whole thing that makes it even more interesting to me. Awesome for Drew and again, I hope he does it. If he's not at LaSalle, I love seeing him at McD.

I'm sure you read every word a hundred times; you need a life.

Yes, I used the word retired because I was referring to conversations I had with Brett where we were talking about his plans when "Dad retired". Well, neither of us expected what has transpired to occur so "retire" was the context of the conversation.

Hope it's clear now.

EDIT: this whole conversation started when someone declared Brett was going to be the next HC at LS and was assembling his staff. I corrected that fallacy and laid out why (conversations with Brett).

Don't take that to mean I hope they don't coach; both are excellent coaches so I do hope they coach again (just wish it were La Salle) and as I said, Drew at McDevitt would be special! Who knows, maybe Brett will take a year off, have a change of heart and join him at McD.

It's really their business, not mine.
This post was edited on 3/20 3:11 PM by JBinPA

So are you saying there were no serious disagreements at LaSalle in the last year?

wow, that was entertaining.

Between LS job and BG landing somewhere this will be an interesting off season.

Heard LS notified its 3 finalist pretty sure everyone knows two of them but any idea on the third?

The Lancers are back baby!!!!! There hasn't been a shake-up this big in Philly football since coach Eric Taylor, coming off at Texas state championship, moved to Philly to take over a Public School team in season five of Friday Night Lights. PIAA Single A now runs through Wyncote. Don't worry about stealing kids from La Salle, SJP - just pick off some of those kids from Cheltenham and Abington.

That's the spirit, just steal the kids from the Montco public schools. You have a long way to go before matching Southern Columbia's success.

The major reason McD did not close a few years back was due to the fact that the school worked with special needs students which occupied most of the first floor. If they still do then the school won't be going anywhere. I also agree with GangGreen's post that not many players are needed to have success as an A program (especially in these parts). Besides Cheltenham, Abington and Springfield he'll also have an opportunity to get kids from nearby Mt Airy,Germantown and Oak Lane which has always been a hotbed for talent.

The more I had a chance to digest DG's aspirations here the more it started to make sense. However I don't believe this was his original plan to coach again one he left LaSalle. He had a few other pretty good opportunities at some well respected programs.

Bottom line here is that he'll have to be a lot more hands on here than either LaSalle or the other programs he discussed going to. Its a great hire for Manzi and the school and it will be interesting to see what coaches and players he gets once the HC job is turned over to him.

This post was edited on 3/21 6:45 AM by kitwor

That Germantowm, Mount Airy, Oaklane ,North Philly in general will now be part of Drew Gordons territory not just Imhotep and MLK. Go McDevitt!!!!!

I heard final interviews are this week. I guess it could be as early as end of this week but I would think 7 days out from a decision. Still no solid info on the 3rd finalist although it is not Maginnis from MP.

ADVERTISEMENT