ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Nazareth at # 4 Parkland

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Lehigh Valley game of the year in the regular season, with both teams in the top 7 in the state in both major polls - Pennlive state rankings shown in the thread (they’re 5 and 7 in Pa Football News). Will try to keep updates.

Parkland uses a big kick return past midfield by Trey Tremba to set up a 33 yard Tremba TD run for a 7-0 lead. Teams trade field goals on their next two drives and it’s 10-3 Parkland in the second quarter.

Trey Tremba opens the second quarter with his second TD of the night - 17-3 Parkland.

Nazareth defense has given up points early two weeks in a row now. Last week the offense scored 28 in a row and the defense adjusted. Bigger test for that here.

Jed Bendenkovitz with a 40 yard TD run for Nazareth to answer. The shoot out is on!

Mason Kuehner erased a guy on the edge to spring it. Always nice when your All State wide receiver is that physical in the run game. Whichever college gets him is getting a good one (I’m hearing James Madison is the leader?)

Tremba four carries for 75 yards, capped by a 33 yard TD, his third of the first half. Parkland doing a great job of neutralizing Sean Kinney by running away from him (he’s collapsing the middle of the line) and Tremba is exploding through the second level. 24-10 Trojans.

Nazareth gets back-to-back score and stops to tie the game at 24 with a pair of touchdown throws to Caleb Newsome (19 yards and 59 yards) on a pair of impressive catch and runs. Kid can fly.

Reactions: bucksftball
Nazareth wastes great field position after a three and out and gets stopped downs at the 30 and Patkland gets it back with 6 to play.

Nazareth gets a stop deep in their own territory and a chance to go 80 yards to win. Three and a half left.

One first down and punt. Nice return bg Tremba our by midfield. Completion to Connor John on the first play has Parkland in business.

Luke Spang sidesteps a sack, gets drilled, and completes a frozen rope to Trey Tremba for a 45 yard touchdown with 90 seconds to play! 31-24 Trojans

Nazareth gets 25 yards on 4th and 26 and Parkland is going to take round 1, 31-24. Very likely we see a rematch the week before Thanksgiving for the D11 championship.

Those are the two best D11 teams in a while. Tremba played his ass off. I also am really interested in seeing how much Falzone grows as the year goes on - he’s precocious for a sophomore quarterback.

Also in the Valley, Allentown Central Catholic came back from down 21-0 to beat Freedom 35-34. They might be a 4A finals threat too.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Those are the two best D11 teams in a while. Tremba played his ass off. I also am really interested in seeing how much Falzone grows as the year goes on - he’s precocious for a sophomore quarterback.

Also in the Valley, Allentown Central Catholic came back from down 21-0 to beat Freedom 35-34. They might be a 4A finals threat too.
Same ole Parkland, same ole Tremba! Really like Parkland more than Naz not just because of score. Physical, pounder, good D harassed Falzone. Enough aerial to hurt you, especially with multi-talented Tremba. Liked Parkland's Qb more than Falzone probably because he reminds me of Mid Penn Qbs. Good enough, good field presence. Will be a heck of a rematch.

That game lived up to the hype. They will meet again. Both teams will be a tough out for anyone. Navareth needs to figure out thier slow starts but hats off to thier coaches for making adjustments.

They are always so physical. Moncman does a hell of a job year in and year out building that culture.

Nazareth’s D made real adjustments at the half, will be interested to see how it looks the second time around. Tremba was the best player on the field and made tons of plays in the first half, and was half of the play of the game to win it. I don’t quite remember a kid like him around here in terms of a runner with that kind of power, but also such soft hands out of the backfield. Maybe Erik Marsh back for those Becahi state title teams in 1988 and 1990, but that’s getting to be ancient history (Marsh was an absolute monster, FYI, ran for like 5,000 yards at Lafayette and got a cup of coffee with the Jets).

The biggest thing I’m on watch for in terms of a rematch is how much Falzone matures with another seven or eight starts under his belt. I thought he hung in on a tough night where he saw tons of pressure and made some tough throws and ran around better than I thought he could. He’s still a 15 year old in his fourth varsity game, he can mature a lot in a month and a half. A healthy Wimberly would help too.

Of course, that’s assuming my Red Rovers don’t play spoiler.

Reactions: Stalker
They are always so physical. Moncman does a hell of a job year in and year out building that culture.

Nazareth’s D made real adjustments at the half, will be interested to see how it looks the second time around. Tremba was the best player on the field and made tons of plays in the first half, and was half of the play of the game to win it. I don’t quite remember a kid like him around here in terms of a runner with that kind of power, but also such soft hands out of the backfield. Maybe Erik Marsh back for those Becahi state title teams in 1988 and 1990, but that’s getting to be ancient history (Marsh was an absolute monster, FYI, ran for like 5,000 yards at Lafayette and got a cup of coffee with the Jets).

The biggest thing I’m on watch for in terms of a rematch is how much Falzone matures with another seven or eight starts under his belt. I thought he hung in on a tough night where he saw tons of pressure and made some tough throws and ran around better than I thought he could. He’s still a 15 year old in his fourth varsity game, he can mature a lot in a month and a half. A healthy Wimberly would help too.

Of course, that’s assuming my Red Rovers don’t play spoiler.
Sure are (always!) physical. Been following them since they got lucky and beat Central Dauphin 2002 (Ha). They and Easton were the teams you heard about back in Harrisburg.

That 2002 game is one of the best state playoff games I’ve seen! Central Dauphin did the best job on Austin Scott of any team all season. They were like top 10 in the country at the time if I remember correctly? But yes, Parkland has had that level of physicality for a good long while now - a long way from their “soft suburban kids” rep in the ‘90s.

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT