ADVERTISEMENT

2019: Pine Richland vs Penn Hills

ECP does not play Central this year. Central was playing Archbishop Wood in Week 0, then that got cancelled and they are playing William Penn from York, PA instead. Like all the other WPIAL 6A schools, Week 0 is the only chance they get to play a self-scheduled game.

Thanks New. I saw they play York High (Wm Penn) who will be way overmatched. York is a 5A with an exciting team last year that graduated. As always, these unusual inter district games come a year too late. Still a fun game for the players.

York plays in the York Adams League with Central York, Red Lion, Dallastown, et al, known for exciting offenses with no defense making this a great early season tune up for Pieto and company knowing all of York’s dangerous offense graduated.

The York-Adams almost never competes well with the Mid Penn Conference (McDevitt, CV, CD, Hburg, Cedar Cliff, State, Middletown, Ship, Milt Hershey..etc) or the Lancaster Lebanon League (Wilson, Manheim Central, Manheim Twp, Warwick, Cocalico et al).

Reactions: new2pa
ECP does not play Central this year. Central was playing Archbishop Wood in Week 0, then that got cancelled and they are playing William Penn from York, PA instead. Like all the other WPIAL 6A schools, Week 0 is the only chance they get to play a self-scheduled game.

Any reason why the archbishop wood game fell through? Very interesting they are playing a random 5A team I’ve never heard of with all that talent returning

Any reason why the archbishop wood game fell through? Very interesting they are playing a random 5A team I’ve never heard of with all that talent returning

I have not heard anything about why the game fell through.

I thought their game with Erie Cathedral Prep was a nice matchup the past two years.

What I would really like to see is PCC play St. Ed's or St. Ignatius from Cleveland. Both are a lot closer than York and would generate some interest in the game. Also, PCC should be loaded this year on defense and would have a great opportunity to play against perennial OH powers.

Anything being heard about the line replacements?

T- Harrison Hayes, G - Spencer King (Tyler's brother), C - Ethan O'Neill with Miguel Jackson, Jacob Domer, Trent Miller and Cole Schurman looking to step up.

Some of these players some a good amount of time last year diuring the Varsity games - second halves.

Maybe with the weather breaking, they will get outside for a little work before Spring Ball.

Don't know why the game didn't materialize,but Im glad it didn't because Wood will struggle for a few years based on what I see on their roster returning.

Don't know why the game didn't materialize,but Im glad it didn't because Wood will struggle for a few years based on what I see on their roster returning.

Lilromeo- -Wood has been so good so long maybe we are spoiled at bit?They are down in Wood terms but that is still pretty good, new staff too. Pgh CC was down this year it won’t be long before Wood is back running on all cylinders. Pgh CC might already be back depending on who their new transfer are for the spring....

T- Harrison Hayes, G - Spencer King (Tyler's brother), C - Ethan O'Neill with Miguel Jackson, Jacob Domer, Trent Miller and Cole Schurman looking to step up.

Some of these players some a good amount of time last year diuring the Varsity games - second halves.

Maybe with the weather breaking, they will get outside for a little work before Spring Ball.

PRFB - I have not had a chance to speak with anyone. I will try and find out. I do hope that they can find one-way kids. A lot of the kids you mention are underclassman and first year starters. Not sure of going both ways would be good.

Lilromeo- -Wood has been so good so long maybe we are spoiled at bit?They are down in Wood terms but that is still pretty good, new staff too. Pgh CC was down this year it won’t be long before Wood is back running on all cylinders. Pgh CC might already be back depending on who their new transfer are for the spring....

PCC should be loaded on defense. They need help on offense. But that's the theme every year.

Yes, the young Rams will have their work cut out for them. The combination of the young linemen is similar to when Krystofic, Katic and Dorundo started as Sophomores, alot of questions about them holding up against some of the more veteran defenses (PCC and Bethel). Not sure what the Freshman team line was like last year, I am sure there will be at least one player who can be plugged in with some help on the O-line. Spence should get the ball out quick, which will help the young linemen for the first couple games until they get their feet under them.

Miller and Jackson at ends on defense will be a strenth. Inside guys TBD, they will need to be tough guys to give the LBs the freedom to make plays..

Spring Ball is not that far away......

PCC should be loaded on defense. They need help on offense. But that's the theme every year.
I agree, have some real studs at LB. The O has to progress, schemes need to improve in the passs game , route trees were from the Dan Marino days of the early 80s

Spencer has to make the second read throws and the receivers have to make consistent catches. The games PR did not perform well on offense was when the game plan would not be altered. PR had the chance to take the pressure off of Spencer with King and Cerminera in the back field, with Meckler flexed out. For what ever reason (Cermina/King primary defensive starters), PR did not take advantage of that package to force NA and St. Joes to make adjustment, remembering the weather was a factor for throwing the ball..

PRFB - That is a good point. I saw Cerminara had a couple big games later in the year on O but don't remember King in the backfield? Where did Cerminara land for college?

I heard the same kids as well. Add in tyler Armstrong anouther soph as well. I believe O’neil Will be the only senior starting as well. Imo it seems like the O line coach has done an excellent job of developing O linemen over the years, so hopefully some growing pains they might have pay off

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa

They’re only losing 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense they were a young team last year. They’re defense particularly they’re Dline is loaded and they have playmakers on offense. Issue is their offense schematically is still suck in the 80’s.

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa
I have not heard anything surrounding Cerminera, awfully quiet. I mentioned this in an earlier post.. I do not buy into it "PR" players do not need it (football) to make a great educational choice.

It seems (football signings) like NA and PCC players are supported better in terms of having their coaches actively involved at their school supporting them (meeting college coaches prep). I am a fan of having some coaches in the district so the players have some one being a mentor on their decision making (on and off the field). Based upon the program, it doesn't look like PR has a coach in the school.

I have not heard anything surrounding Cerminera, awfully quiet. I mentioned this in an earlier post.. I do not buy into it "PR" players do not need it (football) to make a great educational choice.

It seems (football signings) like NA and PCC players are supported better in terms of having their coaches actively involved at their school supporting them (meeting college coaches prep). I am a fan of having some coaches in the district so the players have some one being a mentor on their decision making (on and off the field). Based upon the program, it doesn't look like PR has a coach in the school.

I cant believe he does not have some strong offers? other than being 5'10, I thought FCS or Patriot for sure. Any way, I know Walker Jr. is extremely active not sure about Totton but they spit them out at Pgh CC anyway. I don't know much about coach K and college coaching but it always helps being in the building.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT